Friday, September 26, 2008

12 hours to go


It's my last night in the flat and everything that needs to be packed, i've shoved in marked boxes and are ready to be whisked away. J and his colleague are driving down early tomorrow morning and helping me move my things to the new flat.

I still can't believe J and i are going to be living together and that i'm moving to yet another city. I'm trying not to freak out about starting all over again. And sooner rather than later i will have to start REALLY thinking about that dreaded word... w.o.r.k.

Nervousness, Happiness, Anxiety and Excitement are all wrapped up like a Spring roll and are all fighting for attention. This will be the first time that i'll be moving into a place and living with someone. Family don't count AND neither does that woman that i stayed with for 2 months. The one who indirectly forced me out with her absurd rules, menopausal mood swings and yelling, and i quote, "Are YOU stupid!?" JUST because i double locked the door and was unaware that she was out for the evening.

...

Today was my last day at the Language School. Five Schritte International books later, i received a certificate to say i completed the German Grundstufe A1.1 - B1.1. It even said that i did well and completed the course successfully. Not sure how that happened but it did... YAY for me!

S-M-R-T
Not.

On paper it looks good but seriously, in my head i still feel like i'm still at the beginning... *sigh*. One day... i'll makes sense of it all and dribble foreign words without stuttering... *extended sigh*.

...

7 months ago i arrived with a severely overweight suitcase, a design folio and a roll-away bag weighing 10 kg with miscellaneous items.

Tomorrow i leave with the Above PLUS 7 additional boxes, mirror, wooden writing desk, 160x200 mattress, red carpet and light fixtures. That's not including the items that i inherited from my sister's old place; ironing board, a tool box, a clothes drying rack, a vacuum cleaner, cleaning bits + bobs and a wooden dining table with 2 benches + 4 wooden chairs.

So now there's a strange echo in my room.

The crispy air seeping through the windows adds to the It's-Time-To-Go feeling. Gawd, i'm not looking forward to Winter. My feet are slightly numb from the draft and the internal speakers on my MacBook are terrible. The speakers honestly don't do any justice to my overplayed tunes *shakes her head with disapproval*.

And yes, i cannot be arsed to hook up my already packed speakers even though they're just 2 metres away from reach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck schweetie.... i just checked in on your site and was surprised to find 3 news posts i have not read before so i got a good update on your life now... ALL THE BEST!!!!

mlp

Ms. Redd said...

its good to see what's happening on your side of the world again... :)

happy move!