Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On the other side.

So i was browsing through some random blog and scrolled passed dozens of chiseled smiles, and i thought to myself, "i wonder if i was ever like that?"

I don't think i'm THAT high maintenance and neither do i really have A style. I pretty much wear the same clothes even with the change of Seasons and country codes. I don't match my jewellery according to what top i have on. My range of handbags are unbranded and now come up to a grand total of One.

I don't have a bunch of mates to hang out with over the weekend. No girlies to call and whine with about what kind of week it had thrown us. I am unknown. And i now walk-in and out of clubs as a stranger.

I'm starting to get holes in my shoes and my socks are soaking up the rain. So i have returned to wearing my trusty 6-year old Royal Elastics on a regular basis. I can't afford the make-up that i used to buy. I have yet to decide on whether Graphic Design is for me, although i do love good Design. I have no interest in getting my hair cut - yes i know it's been 10 months already.

But you know what? It doesn't matter.

I am very grateful for everything that i do have. I am loved and feel appreciated for what i do and what i have become. Every morning i smile when i wake up and when i look out of our living room window ,which takes up most of our wall, i can't help but think...

"holy shit, it's so pretty.
I can't believe i made it all the way to...
now
."

Beyond the window frame,
nestled between the trees and side road sit The Ducks.

Full moon across the Kitchen.

14 minutes
from the city centre by tram.

No comments: