Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Midnight Inspiration.

Last night i was looking for a particular clip art for J and happened to stumble upon the work of Steven Bonner. Distracted as usual, i found myself browsing through his recent work. I was impressed. I won't pretend like i know heaps about the Design world and neither will i regurgitate a history lesson about them.


When i do come across something that inspires me, i always wish that i too could be that creative.

I try to embed the still image in my brain. And even though i don't have a photographic memory it's times like these i wish i had - i should really start a Design scrap book or something and actually use it.


I reckon i am a visual person. One that understands more when i can see what i'm learning rather than just reading or hearing it. For example when i'm trying to remember a sentence structure in German, the highlighted multi-coloured words float off my page and stand motionless before my eyes.

And when it comes to Design, you just know when something stands out from the others. I definitely have a soft spot for vector art.


It's like i've been sucked into a black hole. And there i am wishing that my impatient lazy arse could mimic the techniques and be the lucky owner of such a creative eye.


So as i inch closer towards 30, i continue on my journey to find my groove and purpose in life. And in turn, never forgetting to envy those that i fancy.

No comments: