Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Juggling ain't easy.

The doctor called me last week to tell me that i had to come in yesterday so they could do yet another blood test. My last test was taken on the 11th of January [9 days after my operation] and my results showed that my HCG levels [a hormone produced during pregnancy] was in the 500 range. Prior to the operation i measured over 21,000, so if you were to compare it, my last test results were not that high.

As a safety measure they have to continue taking my blood until the results reach zero. That way they are sure that there is no embryo tissue left in the body - sounds gross i know.

And if i don't hear from my doctor soon, i should assume my results are normal and i don't need to return until 3 months time when i have to do a full examination. But if she does call, well that just simply means i have to whip out my arm and they get to suck more of my blood out.

But overall, i'm doing well. In fact, i've been quite busy.

Last weekend J and i were invited to his colleagues' place for drinks.

The Chef + The Stylist + The Boss.

Him and his girlfriend organised a get-together with another couple for a night of home-made Mexican food, Beers, Margaritas, Mojitos and of course Gold Tequila matched with cinnamon dusted orange slices.


Tequila!


Good thing i had my camera cause after a few drinks, one too many shots and a round or two of Halli Gelli [a kid's game involving a bell and matching fruits that must add up to "five"] i can't really remember that much. It definitely was a case of blind drunkenness. The aim of the game was to get as many cards and to see how fast your reflexes were.

The Hostess


I have no idea what is going on at this point but it's obvious i'm still functioning. Alcohol makes people do strange things. And after a couple of drinks and countless shots, segments of my night have gone astray.


But going by the photos i took, everyone was smiling so i can only assume everyone got along. And i have to say, i had a good time although the hangover wasn't all that nice.

Anyway, i'm hoping by next week i can concentrate fully on work. Because for the past week i've been so preoccupied with doing homework and housework, that by the time that i want to sink my teeth into work, i can barely keep my eyes open.

I can't seem to juggle everything at the same time without getting extremely cranky. But i'm taking deep breaths and making sure my head stays above the water.


Oh and if i haven't mentioned it yet, i think the weather is absolutely nuts. It took a few days for all the snow to melt [again] and then yesterday the snow started up again! I'm looking outside and the streets are completely covered.

Today is supposed to be about -5 degrees Celsius which will mean any melted snow that tried to escape is now frozen and the ground is super icy - a bitch for cars without Winter wheels and those pedestrians with no grip to their shoes.

Hello Summer, where are you?

No comments: