Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sober Saturday.

It's Saturday night and i'm home alone with the kiddies because J's spending the night in Hannover.

:: Image courtesy of Movie Guide ::

J's best friend who lives in Hannover [about an hour and half drive from here] invited J over because he's having a bunch of his other friends over for some kind of "Boy's Night".

Huh? I have no idea.

Apparently the best friend's fiance is out for the night and so he's planned some kind of Street Fighter tournament. Each player puts in 5 Euros and the winner then takes it all.

I joked around and asked whether that was some kind of "secret code word" for strippers and mischief. But J assures me that they're only playing Street Fighter and most likely there will be a lot beer consumption.

I guess boys will be boys.

So last night J had this bright idea to rent the game and console last night from the Movie Rental place. It cost 8 Euros to rent the game and to borrow the console, one just puts in a 100 Euros deposit and when you return it, you get the money back. But it turned out that the CD couldn't be read. They only had one copy so J was utterly disappointed that he couldn't at least practice beforehand and get a few moves right.

And so he printed out a cheat sheet instead... tsk tsk tsk.

...

On Monday morning i have an appointment to bring the kitties to the vet for their 3rd vaccination shots and to get their ears checked. They have some funky looking dark crap in there that occasionally falls out in mini clumps. I suspect they have ear mites.

It's gross. Just thinking about it makes me itchy!

Originally i was going to go with J but the kitten foster couple called J earlier to ask whether i wanted to go along with them. They have an appointment too and they have to bring the other brother and another kitten for their shots. They offered to pick me up and drive me to the vet with them, which i thought was quite nice.

I think they just miss Luna and Yoshi and are making an excuse so they can just see them.


But little Luna is becoming more demanding day by day and is no longer the introverted feline that we once knew. Although she hasn't quite developed much of a voice, she has a habit of climbing to the highest vantage points and pats/claw my leg when she wants attention or if i'm taking too long to prepare their food.


They are currently taking turns lying on my lap and passing out. It won't be long until they get a surge of energy and start chasing each other around the apartment. And i just heard the front door slam which means our neighbor who lives below us has just left and is probably heading to some party or somewhere exciting.

As for me, well my night ain't looking too exciting, so i may just make it an early night.

Yes i know, i've become boring.

And this Winter fat that has mysteriously found its' way on to my body has made me so lazy and tired.

No comments: