Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Case of Alpha Male Syndrome.

After much thought, i've decided to meet up with the Kazakhstanian Blond Chick again. I figured my German won't get any better if i'm cooped up at home all day doing work. Plus i'm starting to get a feeling that J is getting annoyed that i have to wait for him to return phone calls and run complicated errands because i lack the confidence and the vocabulary.

January had a lot more expenses than i had calculated for and until my client pays me the money that they owe me, i won't be able to register for any German courses. Majority of the courses began 2 weeks ago and nearly all of them are full already. But apparently there's a course beginning in April which i'm thinking of joining.

So until then i'm looking at other options.

One option is to join a German Language Group which is run by an English speaking guy who is fluent in German. Which i'm actually keen on doing since that will mean i could meet other English-speaking people. Plus by having the lessons explained in English, i may actually understand it better rather than always flicking through my dictionary every other minute.

So when i told J about this idea, i don't think he was as enthusiastic about it as i was.

I think he might even be jealous. Never mind that there will be other people in the group. Maybe it's that whole alpha male syndrome talking. He has no issues with me going alone to meet up with random females but getting tutored by a guy [with other people] is a whole different ball game apparently.

I dunno, boys are weird that way.

Anyway, now that we have a faster internet connection, J has started getting into the habit of gaming after he gets back from work. He's not as hardcore as before and so far it's only been 4 times a week but i can't help but think it'll only be a matter of time.

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

Heyaa...! I hope your 2nd 'date' with the blonde chic is less serious this time round.

And hoping you get good weather soon so u can go out cycling more and taking more photos! *hint hint*

As for the alpha male... hmmm he doesnt read your blog eh? Anyways, I reckon its prolly cos he dont have a whole bunch of friends in Köln just yet maybe? Its not good if you have more first? Haha dunno...just gibbering

winkris said...

Actually the 2nd date has been postponed. Which reminds me, i better start studying... eeeks.

And yes, once the weather warms up, i'll be sure to take more photos. At the moment, it's not looking so nice.

As for the alpha male issue and me making a whole bunch of friends before him, i'm thinking that may not necessarily be the problem. I think he's just protective and is concerned that some single guy may get the wrong idea.

But then again, i could be wrong.