Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dear Lazy Bum,


It's past 9:30 AM and i've been up since 6 AM. I've already indulged in a not-so-secret stash of chocolate i found in the kitchen and i'm functioning pretty well on this caffeine and sugar high. But i'm trying to avoid the bedroom so i don't get lured into taking a morning nap.

I'm starting to believe, naps are complete Time suckages. But oh, how i love them!

Anyway, our apartment is much bigger than our last and with more corners to hide, Luna often plays Marco Polo. With every whine, i respond by calling out her name, which she then uses to acoustically locate me. It can get annoying but the second she finds me, she comes running towards me with a quivering tail and i forgive her.

As for Yoshi, he's passed out in the corner. Probably exhausted because he spent part of the night bringing random toys to the bed again. I woke up with some cling wrap, two plastic strings and a rolled up plastic bag shoved under my pillow. I'm just glad that they're not complete outdoor cats because that would mean i would have to start worrying about them bringing me rodents.

Speaking of outdoors, it's getting quite warm.

Yesterday when i went to the supermarket i had on a thin hoodie, by the time i got back i had already sweat bullets. My winter blubber has been following me around and lately, i've become self conscious about my growing muffin top. J has opted to ride his bike to work instead of using his car, which apparently only takes 15 minutes door-to-door, and i'm starting to feel that eating less junk food may not be enough.

My regular workout consists of walking around our 86 square metre apartment with the exception of walking to the train station down the road twice a week for German classes. And i'm starting to notice living in my 30s, means carbohydrates and all things sweets have started to set up camp on my thighs and arse for much longer.

I'm not keen on paying for a gym or a yoga membership and the nearest public pool costs 14.50 Euro for a two-hour visit. I've reserved bike rides with J for the weekends, so my only solution to get the blood pumping is either walking or learning how to jog. I've heard and read that jogging/running is a great way to burn calories but can be a bitch for ones' joints and boobs if you don't have the correct support.


But i should really stop making excuses and just go out, even if it means just window shopping along the main street. It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day/week, so go out and do something!

Love,
Chrissie.

No comments: