Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Time To Expose Some Skin.


It's 6:53 AM and J just left for work by bike. I just heard on the radio that it's going to be 25˚C today and a crazy 26˚C tomorrow. I'm not quite sure what to think about all this heat. Although in the mornings it can be a bit nippy at 9˚C. It's been so long since we've had constant warm weather like this that i think my skin is freaking out.

So anyway, last night i had one of the worst sleeps ever. If i could even call it 'sleep'.

I spent most of the night tossing and turning because the temperature in our bedroom kept fluctuating. It went from decent to stuffy to just plain irritating. We turned off the main heating switch in the hallway but it seemed like the heaters were still warm. And on top of that, my body was soooOooo itchy. I forgot to moisturize earlier and as pay back, i felt like i was being attacked by miniature ants.

I think my body just can't handle sweat so well anymore.

However that said, yesterday i made it out the front door. I was a little overdressed in jeans, a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt underneath another t-shirt, thinking that it may be cooler than it actually was. Geez was i wrong! I was sweating before i even got half way down the street.

Ewww.

But prior to leaving, i needed a destination. Ya know, to make it worth the hassle of getting changed, smelling pretty and painting my face. So i opted to do something good for the environment and walked two blocks to the Glass Recycling bins and got rid of our unwanted glass bottles and jars. But then minutes later, found myself browsing shoes further up the road.

I needed some time to waste and a little retail therapy goes a long way.

It took me a while to realise that spending 20 Euro is far better than spending 40 Euro for a pair of shoes that i may or may not wear regularly. And only until i weighed the pros and cons, did i then leave with a new pair of relatively comfy wedge mules [or as the Germans would say, Pantolette] from Deichmann.

And since my pasty feet have been enclosed since July, i figured it's time to let them breathe.

We'll see.

Maybe, like most of my other pairs, i'll just end up with a tonne of blisters and that will be the last that i'll see of them.

***

Oh and i also bought Essence Nail Art Cracking Top Coat for 1.75 Euro at DM. Which, as you can see, after just one coat it transformed my hooker red nails into something Gothic.

>.< Please excuse the wrinkles and the fleshiness >.<

I also bought a champagne coloured base coat that is meant to go with the black but because i already had nail polish on i wanted to see if the cracking effect works on all nail polishes.

Now i know, it does.

So slap on some clear top coat and you're good to go!

No comments: