Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And Down Came the Rain...

So i made it out of the apartment yesterday only because hunger got the better of me. And i was confronted by what could only be described as an allergy sufferers nightmare. Pollen danced in the wind and attempted to wedge itself in every orifice. And as drama as it might sound but those baby chicken fluff, as i like to call them, were attacking me!

My pupils were like moving targets, occasionally being hit and causing me to respond by winking uncontrollably. No wonder that girl walking her dog kept looking at me funny.


There was no turning back. Perhaps i shouldn't have walked the back way where all the overgrown plants were. I mean i could have just crossed the river at the bridge and walked along the side road or even took a different route.

But i didn't.


And before i knew it i was heading straight into the war zone.


At one point the ground was cushioned with a soft layer of these terrors. Covering the edge of the pathway looking all innocent like sheeps' wool. Wouldn't it be just my luck that the wind would pick up at that very second and those fuckers would rise from the dead and attack once again.


Even the small river beside us looked suffocated. With its' murky water and overgrown grass, one could easily mistake it as a monsoon drain decorated in confetti.

But i made it home just in time armed with some basic food necessities. And within minutes the sky turned a stone grey. The trees were beaten about by the winds. Rain fell in huge chunks and with much excitement drowned all the chicken fluff.


I later watched the clouds race across the sky whilst the sun prepared itself to go to bed behind the giant trees. It looked like Mother Nature was holding a farewell ceremony by lighting the sky on fire one last time.


But like a disobedient child not wanting to go to sleep, it continued to stay light way past its' bedtime. And it was just past 10:30pm when she finally shut her eyes and the light was switched off. Day light Savings is totally screwing up with my body clock.

2 comments:

Fallah said...

there's this stuff that I have for Adam its pollen and dust blocker. Its a gel like substance that you use to coat the insides of your nose. Seems to work for him. Maybe you could ask your pharmacist if they have any.

winkris said...

Interesting. Thanks!

Well with my runny nose and chesty cough, i don't think it's too wise to shove anything up my nose. I may just suffocate. But thanks, will keep that in mind next time a pollen attack occurs. Hugs... xox