Monday, October 26, 2009

Break-Time is over.

In a little less than 2 hours i have an appointment to do a test to find out what level i should be doing for German.
.
.
.
Yes, i am finally getting my arse back into class after a year's break.

I would definitely encourage beginners to start watching cooking shows in the language they want to learn and as i did, start switching on the German subtitles for English movies. And i can say my vocabulary has improved just this little bit... *Stretches her index finger and thumb apart*.

I like to think i understand far more than i can speak. And even though i still feel like a fish out of water most of the times, i just have to remind myself to just, calm the fuck down.

But i tried calling last week so i could do the test but the woman in charge was on her Autumn Break and would only return as of today. So according to the A4 folded sheet, it says one of the classes start. I'm hoping i'm not in that class because that might mean i could walk in half way through class.

Seriously, coming in late sucks.

Everyone's curious and looking at you with googly eyes. Friendships have already formed and you feel like you're being watched, especially if you're totally new and they're still trying to suss you out.

I stand corrected.... coming in late AND being the new kid... sucks.

I'm just hoping there are some decent people in my class. Perhaps, people that speak English.

So yea, wish me luck and hope i don't fail too miserably.

No comments: