Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nothing Stays The Same.

I used to be obsessed with the Time. I remember at one point, i had to have a watch/clock in every room in my apartment and was forever glancing over to check the Time. Not sure why and most of the time it never registered, that when someone asked for the Time a second after i looked at a clock, more than often i would have have to look again.

Sure i could just wear a watch - which i did, but that wasn't good enough. And not because i was late for my appointments, i just simply liked knowing what Time it was. Then i don't know what happened but eventually that obsession faded away and now i just rely on the clocks on my mobile/MacBook.

Maybe it was my adolescent years yearning for something to happen and waiting impatiently for the next second to arrive. And with every passing second it was just a bigger disappointment.

*Shrugs*

For awhile now i've been told i dilly-dally too much. So i set my clocks 10 minutes faster, that way i can get to places on time and not have to stress that i'm running late. And when J asks me for the time, it's usually followed by me asking, "Real Time or My Time?"

I went from a teenager who combined all her friendship bands, silver bracelets, bangles and fuck bands to one who wore dozens of plastic multi-coloured beaded bracelets [known to the Melbourne rave world as Kandy and often swapped them with other ravers]. To now, where only a simple black elastic hair band wraps around my wrist. I don't even know at what point i stopped wearing a watch.

But now my new obsession is checking the temperature. I'm forever bitching that it's either too cold, too hot, too whatever.

And as you can see, i've added a temperature widget to my page. It's mainly for my benefit, so i know what to wear before i step out the door. There were times i've gone outside thinking that the blue skies and sunshine could only mean it must be lovely t-shirt weather.

WRONG!

And October is supposed to be Autumn and probably the most beautiful time of the year with the changing of the leaves. So seeing the sun is an absolute treat because in all honesty, one never knows when the sun will come back. Hello Winter depression!


There's a house just down the road from the service apartment that's covered in vines. It's not abandoned, there are people living in it and it's the only one in the area. So i was telling J i've always liked creepers and vines on houses. And then J ruined my fantasy of living in a house covered in vines by reminding me they attract spiders, nests and all sorts of bugs.

And that was the end of my desire to have vines and creepers on my home. I Detest with a capital D, those 8-legged creatures. Just thinking about it, gives me goose bumps!

...

But it's getting really cold now. I can't remember whether last year was this cold. J now has to scrape frost off his car and last night it dipped down to -2 degrees Celcius. I am so happy our new place has proper heating and carpet in the bedrooms.

So yesterday i took the train to Guetersloh to meet up with J after work since we wanted to organise a few things back at The House. I'm calling our place, The House because well technically it is and seeing that we're still at the service apartment, we always get confused which place we're talking about.

There i was with my 2 layers, a pullover, a hoodie and a woolen coat even though the weatherman promised sunshine and no rain.

WRONG!

Ok, not entirely wrong. There was rain and it felt colder than 8 degrees Celcius. There were moody looking clouds in the sky threatening another down pour. But then i saw the most amazing looking rainbow. One that crossed over the City Hall and behind one of the local banks.


I just stood there like a deer in the headlights in absolute awe. And for a moment there i actually forgot i couldn't feel my face.

No comments: