Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Down, Two to Go...


It's Wednesday and i've been up since 5:30am. And even though the shutters are down, i can feel the heat trying to squeeze its' way through the ventilation holes. The thermometer in the bathroom says it's 29.8˚C. All i can feel is warm air around me and i haven't stopped sweating since i woke up. Yuck!

I wanted to write about the weekend but i need to do some work and write up a Quotation. How else do we pay for our bills?

Work calls. Sigh.


And trying to get a decent picture with Little L smiling is nearly impossible. But here's one taken just before her bedtime. Ignore the sweats and messy hair. It was hot.


But just a few things before i forget and get caught up with other things, J and Little L left early this morning for Duesseldorf airport. Yup, 2 weeks has passed so fast. I don't think we've done as much as we've done in the last year as we've done in the last 2 weeks.

Plus it's amazing how fast money can deplete when you have a child in the equation. All you parents out there, let me hear you say, Hell Yeah!


So she arrived with a back pack and a pink bag slightly smaller than the cabin roll-away bag but somehow, over the 2-week period she managed to accumulate much more. Various presents including a massive Lego set we bought her for her birthday, which ended up being bigger that the cabin roll-away bag!

Anyway, it takes an hour and half to get to Duesseldorf Airport from where we live and because she's only 8 years old, J has to accompany her to Ireland since the airlines won't take minors. Then the Mother and Mothers' boyfriend will pick Little L up and drive from one end of Ireland to the other to get home. Then J will hang out at the airport and fly back tonight and hopefully be home by midnight.

But our action-packed Summer doesn't end there, there's more!

Then tomorrow afternoon J's older brother a.k.a MyFirstEx will be arriving and staying at our place whilst he does his internship at Js' work place. In return he's supposed to take care of the cats whilst we spend 9 days in Wiesbaden visiting my sister, her boyfriend and my baby niece.

My dad is flying in on Friday morning and so we need to be at the airport really early then drive back in the evening for when my mom arrives. Then moving into separate service apartments for the next week. I'm hoping we'll have access to the internet there.

As for our guest, i'm not actually sure how long Js' brother plans to stay with us.

I'm thinking, and hoping, it's only when we're gone. I will need to speak to J about this when he gets back tonight. I mean i've accepted the fact that yes, he's part of the family and by doing him this favor, we will be helping him to lower his accommodation costs. But still, after having Little L around of 2 weeks and being away for another week or so, we're bound to miss our privacy. I will want my privacy.

So we'll see.

Fingers crossed the cats don't run off and nothing gets damaged.

I also will insist that my Work Room is a smoke-free zone. Stray ash and lost burning cherries are not welcome.

I'm not being a bitch.

I don't want to go away thinking that our apartment might get trashed in our absence. And when it comes to my new iMac baby, i am simply just protective.

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

re: ur previous post.

little L's presence I guess is a good training ground eh? hehe. for when the time's right for u two to have one of ur own :)

have a splendid reunion with the fam and more photos of ur niece with the beautiful name (which i have obviously forgotten-haha).

winkris said...

Fo'sure!

But man, did she test my patience at times.

Kudos to Single Working Mothers with kids without nannies or maids! It's definitely tough work juggling life, work and caring for a child.

It's amazing how many people probably take extra help for granted.

As for the family reunion... THANKS! I'm really looking forward to it. And my niece with the beautiful name is called Mia Sophie.

=)