Saturday, July 10, 2010

South Park does Facebook



An ol' college friend posted this, on where else but facebook, and i thought i'd share it with you all.

Facebook not only has kept me in contact with friends that i have near and far but it's also reconnected me with people i've known during my prepubescent years. The longest running "friendship" so far is a girl whom i went to Elementary School with in 2nd grade.

We were 7 years old. Cool, eh?

I may only write the random message or birthday greeting on certain friends' walls but sometimes there isn't that much to say. What else can you write, apart from the obvious, to someone whom you haven't had any contact with in over a decade or two?

My life is so different from what it was like three years ago. Is it safe to say, i live a pretty drama-free life now?

And even though i'm so far away from "friends", when i'm browsing through their photo albums and reading their status', it makes me feel somewhat closer to them [in a non-perverted way of course].

It's as if i'm there, but i'm not.

I'm at the age where friends are getting married and having babies. Believe it or not, because of my nomad kind of life, i haven't even been to ONE single friends' weddings. Let alone met any of their babies.

Maybe i just need to start finding younger friends or maybe i should stop moving around so much.

Anyway speaking of Moving, let's move on before i get all emotional. If you're like me and were one of the unfortunate ones who got sucked into the FarmVille cult, you may appreciate this one...



Just so you know it took me many lost hours of harvesting and planting to make my way up to level 37.

But like every addiction, i've told myself enough is enough and i'm weaning myself off FarmVille... and Café World.... and FishVille... and YoVille.

However, should you feel the urge to send me free gifts like Tuscan Wedding Party ingredients in FarmVille, feel free, i promise i won't refuse them.

^.^

No comments: