Thursday, July 08, 2010

Who needs an Alarm Clock when you have a kid.

I apologise for my absence but since Little L arrived last Thursday, i haven't had a proper breather to sit down and regurgitate my thoughts. And trying to squeeze in work has been just as hard. The first morning Little L was here, J had to be at work at 5:30 AM and so i was in charge of taking care of the little one all by myself. There's no such thing as sleeping in when you've got a kid around.

The days are ticking by so fast but before i get caught up with things, i'll try my best to recap the past week with some highlights.

Day 1 - 01.07.2010:


Little L arrives. We then played "Pirates with fairy dust" on the playground and raced Carrera cars in the bedroom.

Day 2 - 02.07.2010:


The postman delivered my order from Alles Vegetarisch. Yay for Sojaschnetzel Gyros!

And seconds after putting away the items from the box, Luna came strolling in and decided to pee in the empty box. Unnecessary flavoring, i say!

-__-

P is for Papa.

Then whilst J was still at work, we decided to surprise him and bake Vanilla Cupcakes. Each cupcake had the persons' initial but by the time we decorated them, you couldn't see the letter.


Played Mini Golf in close to 40˚C temperatures. Went out for ice-cream. Borrowed a bunch of childrens' board games and books from the library. Finally bought three fans, a children's pool and a massive umbrella for the balcony.

Day 3 - 03.07.2010:


Decided to go swimming in the wave pool and it cost us 21 Euros for 2 Adults and 1 child. Told the lady behind the counter that Little L was 6 years old, just so we could get a 3 Euro discount.


Drove to the city to try and watch the World Cup whereby they set up a huge screen for public viewing; Germany Vs. Argentina. I'm not much of a football or Sports fan but for the sake of just going, we thought we'd check it out. We made it for Germany's first goal but left after 5 minutes because Little L couldn't handle the heat and wanted to go home - which i then wasted 3 Euros on parking.

Serves me right for trying to cheat the woman at the Swimming Pool. Never mind.


We then tried to play Monopoly City but then Little L lost interest and ended up making up her own game.

Day 4 - 04.07.2010:


Sorted out the balcony and filled the kids' pool with water.


It was the right temperature to have a BBQ without roasting ourselves. And i ate some vegetarian sausages. I recommend the Wirsten (the orange coloured ones on the right) they were the closest thing to real meat. As for the white ones, they tasted a bit off.

Day 5 - 05.07.2010:

Spent about 6 hours at Safari land and Hollywood Park in Stukenbrock. [And if you pre-order online you get a discount!]


The first section allowed you to drive in with your car. The lions and tigers were pretty much chillin' the whole time and there were rangers on duty in Zebra-wannabe camouflaged autos.

The second part was where all the rides were. It was like going back in time, some of the rides looked like they needed serious replacing.


We went on a roller coaster and when the ride was over, i dropped my wallet in between the gap as i was getting off the ride. Good thing i noticed and the guy was able to climb down and get it.

There's a reason why they tell people not bring any belongings on the ride. Oops, sorry!

Us on the water slide. And as usual, i was the only one screaming... again.


We also caught the Cowboys & Indians show and a Circus show.

Day 6 - 06.07.2010:

J and i had an appointment to see the dentist. It had been nearly 3 years since my last visit and thought it would be a good idea to get my mouth checked out now that i have local health insurance. Turned out i needed to get Deep Teeth Cleaning done.

It involved cleaning beneath the gum line and around the tooth area with sharp tools which are commonly used for treating gingivitis and periodontosis.

But the procedure isn't covered by my insurance, so it cost me 45 Euros plus an additional 10 Euros which i have to pay my health insurance.

The Dentist told me that i was lucky i came in now because had i waited any longer, further damage could have meant i could have risked losing some of my teeth.

GASP!

Even though i have no cavities and my teeth are well taken care of, it doesn't help that i have dodgy gums.

Plus i was also told i brush too hard and i'm wearing down part of my gums... ewwww. Now i'm forced to use a Soft toothbrush.

But my gawd, when that woman was prodding me with that metal device, my eyes were tearing. IT REALLY HURT!

Then the Dentist tells me she can only work on my teeth for 45 minutes and that i have to make another appointment to do the rest. Which means i have to fork over ANOTHER 55 Euros and have my teeth and gums prodded at for another 45 minutes.

I think i can hear my bank account crying. I should have been a Dentist.

Day 7 - 07.07.2010:

J and Little L drove up north to see the parents of The Ex. Little L insisted she wanted to stay over at their house. They live in Hannover which isn't too far from where J's grandmother lives. I'm not sure what they plan to do but i know they'll be gone for 3 days. In which time i'm supposed to finish my work so i can meet my deadline... on Friday tomorrow.

Looks like i'll be pulling an all-nighter. Sigh.

No comments: