Friday, February 11, 2011

The Return of the Brain Jolts.

I'm not usually a hypochondriac but yesterday i was convinced i had a brain tumour. J, obviously, thinks otherwise.

OK, maybe i was a bit dramatic but that's what happens when one has access to the internet and search engines. So there i was trying to do work and my brain started acting up.

The feeling was similar to those times i would miss my dose of antidepressants or during that period when i tried to wean myself off of my AD medication altogether. And just so you know it's been close to two years since i took my last dose, so i'm not blaming any withdrawal symptoms.

But if i had to use only two words to explain the feeling they would be, brain jolts.

Where it suddenly felt like my brain and the sounds around me were pulsating outwards.

Yes, outwards.

Much like when you throw a pebble in a pond and the ripples makes its way to the edges.

Or better yet, like my brain was experiencing a roller coaster malfunction. Suddenly being jolted back and forth, then to return to its original place like nothing had happened at all.

Weird. I know.

And so i've narrowed it down to the following;

  • Dehydration
  • The onset of the flu
  • A possible migraine

Although the latter may seem unlikely since i've never had any migraine issues before but i'm not ruling it out just yet.

My only solution i've come up with is to take some Aspirin Complex and down as much water as possible.

I'm really hoping it clears up soon because J's taking me out for a pre-Valentine's day dinner tonight. We try not to make the Hallmark occasion a huge deal but since J's going to be away for most of next week for a training workshop, he thought, why not kill two birds with one stone.

OK. Back to work.

P.S. I can't believe it's Friday... already! Is it just me or are the days just speeding along faster than i can type supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Hope you have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Duke said...

Hey Kris you alright? no posts since this one . .

winkris said...

Heya buddy, i'm all good. Just got a bit distracted! I'm back now. =)