Thursday, February 03, 2011

Wrinkles. It comes free with The Aging Package.

Once upon a time when i was waiting in line to buy a pack of cigarettes, i overheard the lady behind the cash register ask the two customers in front of me for their ID. They had just asked for a pack of Marlboro Lights each.

Both of them looked at least eighteen. Although i couldn't really tell because they were facing the opposite direction.

And when it came to my turn, i told her which brand i wanted.

Expecting her to ask me to flash her my ID, i got my card ready. But the lady only asked me whether i wanted a hard or a soft pack.

And then i wondered, why didn't she ask me for my ID? Have i aged that much?

Gone were the days when i was sixteen and i paraded around with a *fake* ID. Ya know, just in case i got carded at a night club or was asked to show proof that i was of "legal age".

I later found out the lady's trick to deciding whether or not she should card her customers was to take a quick glance at their hands.

Apparently, wrinkles are a big giveaway.

I was twenty-four at the time and thanks to my Asian genes, i've been fortunate to pass for much younger. But apparently my hands show a different story.

***

Gross!

When did i start getting so damn wrinkly?

Proof that not only nicotine ages you, but so does harsh weather, dehyrdation and forgetting to wear gloves when one washes the dishes.


And so, the vain thirty-soon-to-be-thirty-one-year-old side of me wonders, do Anti Aging products really work?

I guess only Time will tell.

***

And just for the record, i haven't had a cigarette in over thirteen months. GO ME!

1 comment:

iamcrazynia said...

hey.... same same!! i think mine just a month less. cheaper health insurance! hahaha