Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The Prick of the Month Award goes to...

I was going to write about my weekend but something just happened and it's got me all upset.

So on Sunday i decided i wanted to order some contact lenses online. I've been using a brand from the supermarket which costs me 6.99€ per lens and since i need two, i pay about 14€ for a pair of monthly. Which is pretty expensive considering that overseas i can get a pack that contains three pairs for the price of one pair here.

So anyway this morning around 10:30 AM i checked my emails and saw that Deutsche Post DHL had sent a link to say that my order from Linsenplatz was on its way.


I clicked on the link and it said that at 1:38 AM today the shipment had been processed at the destination parcel center. There was no mention that it was actually in the delivery van on its way to be delivered.

Then at around 11 AM the door bell rings.

The apartment doesn't have an intercom or a camera, just a buzzer that one presses so one can open the front door. Which theoretically makes life easier since that means one doesn't have to walk down the stairs and manually open the door oneself. But the problem with not having an intercom is you can't tell who's at the door, which brings me to my real issue.

So i press the buzzer assuming that it's the rubbish man.

DHL couldn't possibly be here so early since the usual delivery man i know arrives in the mid afternoon. I look out at the back but don't see any of the rubbish men walking past.

The door bell rings again.

This time i hold the buzzer down longer and look through the peephole to see if i can see anyone walking up the stairs.


There's no one.

J specifically told me i shouldn't open the door for anyone especially after that incident where i let that electrician in the apartment unannounced to fiddle with the antenna and those other times those strangers came to our actual door and tried to convince me to switch electricity companies.

A minute or so later, i hear the buzzer again.

I then hear a man shouting from down below.

I walk downstairs and see a man with two small packages in his hands. My guess is he's Turkish, in his late twenties or early thirties [and is sexually frustrated]. I ask him in German which name he's after since it's happened before that the delivery man has given me my neighbors' package. He says my surname and so i walk downstairs barefoot.

Then he starts yelling at me and saying all sorts of crap that he went up the stairs twice and nobody was there.

Which is bullshit.

I was by the door and i didn't hear or see nobody walk up the steps and pass our door.

Clearly, if he's a delivery man he knows that the order of the doorbells at the front door correspond to which floor the customers are on. For example, if the name is on the last row of buttons that means the apartment is on the ground floor, so on and so forth.

So anyway, i apologize again but he doesn't seem to want to accept my apologies. And by the tone of his voice, i can tell he's pissed off.

What for? I have no idea. If he can't handle walking up stairs, he shouldn't be a bloody package delivery man to begin with.

I sign for my package and start walking up the stairs but the dude is still rambling on about something. I say once again, i'm sorry in German and under my breath tell him to "calm down".

What i really meant to say was, calm down, bitch!

I get upstairs and the realisation that i was confronted by such an asshole has got me all upset and i start to cry.

I'm more than certain everybody who was at home in the building heard because sound travels really well up the stairs. So not only was that embarrassing but i thought he was damn right rude.


I then decide to call J and start balling my eyes out as i'm telling me him what happened. He asks me to scan the cover of the package and to tell him the code of the package so he can call and make a report.

Half an hour later, J calls me back and says he's made a complaint at Deutsche Post DHL and has even spoken to the person in charge. I'll find out exactly what he said when he comes back from work later. J then continues to say he's called the property management to request for a speaker system to be installed for security purposes. That way when somebody is downstairs one can announce themselves before anybody presses the front door open.

My fingers are crossed that the property management agrees to installing the speaker system in the apartment block and the DHL delivery man gets his arse kicked by his superior for being such a rude prick.

*Double locks our front door just in case the dude comes back and wants revenge*

3 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

awwww....poor you. damn the turkish man and his DHL 1 size too small uniform for being such a bully and a crappppp delivery guy. my word verification reckons he should be "clistaze"!! i think it sounds like something u would want to do to him :)

gonna kick some whoop arse said...

turkish men in general are sexually frustrated..hahha or freaking horny..just be glad he didnt jump on you and show his iddy bitty bratwurst.next time you have a turk messing with ya, just send him my way and i'll kick his so called 'lokum' and make sure he ends up with a vagina.. yeah. i know im agressive. cant tolerate for unkind souls.

hugsie lil pisces.

winkris said...

ms.redd : lol @ clistaze. It sounds illegal. But thanks for the sympathy.

gonna kick some whoop arse : How did i know it was you Miss Senior Pisces... ahhaha. Well i'm hoping nobody is going to kick anybody's 'lokum'. And in the meantime, i'm going to try and refrain from ordering anything that needs to be delivered by DHL for a while.