Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring has finally Sprung.

Yesterday was the official beginning of Spring and J took the day off. I woke up around 7:30 AM and was greeted by the sun shining down on our balcony and a perfect clear blue sky. I checked the thermometer and i couldn't believe my eyes...

What!?

How could the temperature jump from 9˚C the day before to 25˚C the next? I wasn't going to question it because surely my eyes wouldn't lie.

I then, practically, ran to the bedroom and jumped on the bed with excitement. J was still asleep but soon responded with one eye open, a smile and a quick roll over.

Obviously, he didn't share my enthusiasm.

So i grabbed a cup of freshly brewed coffee and stepped out onto the balcony hoping to soak in some rays and breathe in the fresh air. But the moment i stepped out, the damn sun started moving away.

And that's when i found out the truth.

Hmmpf.

The sun must have warmed up the thermometer and in turn, made me out to be a liar. But the temperature eventually made its' way up to about 15˚C, which is a lot warmer than what we've been having lately but still no where near Sweat Ville.

***

But our plan was to register ourselves as official residents in the afternoon. J checked for the address and found out the office was closed at the time that we wanted to go, so we're going later this afternoon when J gets back from work.

Since we were already dressed and minutes from stepping out the front door, J then suggested we take a walk on the other side of the Rhine river.


We found ourselves a spot on the pebbles to sit and with the binoculars J found at his parents' house, we tried to figure out how to focus so we'd stop seeing double.


J, then, decided he wanted to break a bunch of rocks. I think it was the inner child/cave man in him that thought it was cool to destroy things. And i looked around for pretty rocks to fill my pocket.


But before we knew it, the sun started to make her way down and hunger got the better of me. Overall, it was a somewhat lazy day but at least we managed to get out of the apartment for a few hours.


I realised then how much i really missed J when he was gone but how glad i am, now that he's back. All our petty arguments we had days before J had left, seemed to have been suddenly forgotten.

It's true, distance can make the heart grow fonder.


And here's our new additions before i added them to my Succulents and Rock garden.

No comments: