Thursday, March 31, 2011

Not Yet Dead.

As the world shows off their iPhones and fancy Apps, my three-year old Sony Ericsson has been showing signs of Schizophrenia.

It all started a few weeks ago when she decided to change my ring tone all by herself. Then she took it upon herself to remove all my photos from the camera album simply because she didn't like them. And when it came to operating the in-built camera, she had issues concentrating. Her ADD tendencies means she often switches to the main menu when she's in camera mode and then returns as if nothing had happened.

At first i was upset that all my photos were missing but then i thought what if she developed Alzheimer's disease and decided to delete all my phone numbers. Believe it or not, i don't even know my own phone number by heart. But then again, it wouldn't make much of a difference because the only people that actually call me are my parents, sister and J.

So i decided to do some minor surgery and check her insides. Twenty minutes later and a quick rubdown, i managed to bring her back to life.

It seems like her memory has been restored and i was able to retrieve all one hundred and twenty-five images.

2007-2010

Looking at my past through stills sometimes leaves me with a bittersweet aftertaste. But my past has made me the person that i am today and today i feel content.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your phone... what a character she is!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to update it's firmware?

winkris said...

umbabyah : i'll be sure to give her your message. ;)

Anon : Well i took the SIM and memory cards out for a second and then put them back in. She seems to be working fine now.

Weird.