Monday, March 14, 2011

The Eve of my 31st.

Originally, J was supposed to come home tonight because tomorrow is my birthday. But after speaking with him on the phone last night, it turns out he has a lot more things to take care of including arranging the funeral. I told J it makes no sense for him to rush back just because it's my birthday since i know his mind will be elsewhere.

And knowing that his mother, who had admitted herself into hospital since the incident, is finally checking herself out today, i know J wants to just make sure everything is taken care of before he does finally leave including finding a suitable service apartment for her to stay at.

And so he's decided to stay on until the end of this week.

Sensing that i was disappointed, J suggested that i take the train to Hannover, a neighboring city from where his parents' place is and meet up for my birthday. Then later drive to his grandmothers' place [where he's staying the nights at] and i would stay over.

But after checking my bank account, i soon realised my bank balance didn't support the idea. With an upcoming German course and a reoccuring monthly health insurance to pay, there's no extra money for any random getaways.

I later found out that J had planned to take next week off too and that he wanted to surprise me by taking me to Rome or somewhere.

But i ruined his plan when i asked him who was going to take care of the kitties and i informed him of our financial situation.

Yup, he forgot about Luna and Yoshi.

-__-

Oh well, at least he had good intentions.

But it looks like he's canceling his leave next week because i told him there's no point in using up most of his leave when it's only March.

So i guess the decision has been made. I'll be spending my thirty-first birthday all alone tomorrow.

*sad face*

Oh well. That's life, i guess.


So anyway, i've checked my weather widget and the weather, for once, looks promising this week. I think Tuesday will be the warmest we've had in months.


I thought of going to a museum or an exhibition but i'm trying my best to refrain from spending money unnecessarily. In fear that i may want to go shopping and buy random items. Unless of course it has to do with food, then there's no point in starving myself. I just have to be price conscious. Currently, i still have enough food to last me a few days, so i'm making the most of what we have.

However, i have decided i will buy myself my own birthday cake [or slice].

J has agreed to have a Skype date with me tomorrow, that way he can sing me happy birthday and i won't be such a sad case singing the song and blowing out my candle by myself.

***

So until my client pays me, it doesn't look like i'll be spending any money anytime soon.

But there's no harm in window shopping, right?

2 comments:

xSharonx said...

I'm really sorry for you and I hope that your birthday will be not that bad in the end! But I bet that your boyfriend will catch up on a nice present/surprise when you will see each other again :)

winkris said...

Thanks Sharon. I guess at the end of the day shit happens & proof that we're not always in control of how things go.

I guess that means i have to make the most of my day tomorrow.

Hmmm...