Saturday, December 20, 2008

7 Hours is all it took.


To do all our Christmas shopping that is. The first 2 hours was done alone, after which i was totally over it. Dehydrated and nowhere near close to completing my list, i stood outside to get a breath of fresh air. The nicotine gave me a head rush and all i wanted to do was sit down.

J had called and said he was meeting me after work. The thought of dragging my feet in and out of department stores was not at all appealing and i could hear the faint cries of my sofa calling me. And like a child i felt the hunger pains calling out my name.

"Water. I. Neeeeed. Waaaater. Other wise i'm going to diiiiiiie!" I moaned.

We popped by DM and took advantage of their free water dispenser. We marched right in and i had no shame in helping myself. I guess that's why it's there, right?

I guess maybe the extra hydration was like a boost to my system because a burst of energy came from somewhere and we didn't return to the car till 4 and 1/2 hours later.

But before that we dropped off the bags to continue our shopping, we dropped by a Jewellery store and guess what!?


J bought me a little bling! [Story behind why i got it can be read here|.

I begged him if i could open it while walking in and out of the stores. Even whilst going up and down the escalators. Swinging the little bag side to side hoping it would hypnotize him in the car. But he insisted i had to wait until the 25th.

"2 minutes. All i want is 2 minutes and then i'll put it right back!"
I promised.

I'm not sure what happened but somehow i managed to extend the time and 5 hours later, i'm STILL wearing it. But then he said only if i let him wear his super comfy hoodie that i bought him.

Fair is fair i guess.

AND YES i'm wearing it while i type... ehehe.

Yes we managed to do ALL our shopping and by the end of it we were totally knackered as all hell. All in all i am so happy with the purchases.

*I wonder how long he'll let me keep it on until i have to put it back in the little square box*

But oOooo how it sparkles in the light!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg nugget!! is it a bling bling i got the ring?????

winkris said...

Not quite Nugget.

And if it was, i don't think i'd be able to keep it a secret for THIS long... ahahha.