Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Tis the Season to have the Sniffles

The day before Christmas and i'm sitting before my computer with a 3-in-1 package deal; a nasty cough, stuffed up ears and half a blocked nose. I've decided to self-medicate with the small stash of Green Pills i got from back home. They seem to work wonders especially when one has the flu.

My fever has broken through. I'm not freezing anymore even though i've made sure to keep my layers on. I can stand in one place longer than a few minutes without wanting to fall to the floor but my hearing has gone a bit outta whack.

They say one is only contagious in the first 3 days and that is usually before any signs of sickness appears. Which would mean Thursday or Friday would be when i caught it!

Hang on.

I'm blaming THAT middle-aged man outside Karstadt that sneezed a millisecond before i crossed his path. I tried my best not to breathe in as his snot particles invaded my breathing space. J looked at me strange when i waved my hands in front of my face frantically but it must have been too late because his nasty germs jumped on me like a bitch on heat!

That bastard got me sick.

...

J stayed up late last night playing his game online. The minute he switched on his computer, i knew it, i knew i lost him. There would be no point in trying to get his attention so i crashed on the bed face first.

I had enough of the TV and the sound resembled that of wet nails on a dusty chalkboard. Annoyed that my headache grew into huge ball of pain. Everything seemed to echo around me and so i tried to bury myself under my pillows.

Then our sleep was interrupted by the mail man. I received a DHL express package from a potential freelance job that i'll be undertaking in the new year. Yippee!

A quick nap later, i dragged myself out of bed to do the laundry. Always remembering to hack up my lung into a tissue. I tried not to spread my germs all over the place but it's too late. Then it dawned on me none of our presents were wrapped.

Oh gawd. Out came the sticky tape. Glue. Scissors and uneven cut paper.

We didn't get around to buying a Christmas tree this year. It cost quite a bit and the stand itself is at least 25 Euro and so we opted to Save the Environment. J bought some decorations and decorated our little Palm tree. I quite like it.

Fit for all Seasons.

This will be my first Christmas away from my parents and earlier today it dawned on me that i wouldn't be with my family. And i'll admit it, i am sad. I'm trying not to think about it because it always drives me to tears. But J's little brother is driving down tomorrow night and the place was/is in a huge mess. Trying to tidy up without blacking out is a bit of a challenge but slowly but surely it will be done.

But before i forget, here's wishing all my Silent readers a very Merry Christmas wherever you are. I hope you have a joyous celebration free from virus' and shortened breaths.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting to hear what the bling was?????

winkris said...

ehehe... i thought so =p