Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Day of curls

J didn't manage to capture a before picture but he insisted on documenting the rest of the Temporary Transformation. The last time i got my hair cut was the night of my farewell dinner in KL and that was nearly 13 months ago!

I guess as time fast forwarded i lost track of time.

When i had very short hair, i was very particular which hairdresser to go to. Never quite satisfied and going through a i-need-a-change stage every month meant SNIP, SNIP I WANT IT SHORTER! I moved further away from the super long hair i had for years.

And when i got to this part of the world, it made it even harder to want to get my hair done since trying to explain what one wants when one isn't quite sure can be dangerous especially when there are language barriers.

So J, his little brother and i made our way to one particular hairdresser that J once went to. J translated everything that i wanted and i made sure that he stood beside me in case the woman decided that she'd have a field day with my strands.

I wanted my wispy fringe back and only got a bit taken off the ends. Quite particular about my fringe, i brought an old photo to show her what exactly i meant. But the woman seemed friendly and i understood parts of what she said. In fact i didn't fear her when she busted out the scissors and more hair started to fall down onto the tiles.

Now looking at my body language and facial expression, i don't look like a Happy Camper. I'm not sure what i was thinking, except i wondered what the outcome would be. And when she was done she asked whether i wanted my hair dried flat or with volume.

I chose Volume.

My hair falls straight usually and curls rarely stay in. It can be quite stubborn sometimes. After twisting sections of hair around the brushes i wasn't quite sure what the outcome would be but figured if it looked bad, they could always disappear as soon as it was washed.

Anyway, it turned out better than i expected and i spent the rest of the day with bouncy hair. A nice change from the regular look i had going on and a step forward towards the new year.

But the question still hangs in the air as to what do for New Year's Eve... decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

dy said...

nice curls!

but i still think you look better in short hair. :P