Thursday, December 06, 2007

In 2 weeks!


[OMFG... a complete Care Bears & Rainbows moment]

So i'm a little shell shocked. In fact i'm VERY flattered. Maybe that's not even the right word. Excited, nervous, anxious... SO happy, could describe how i feel. I have no expectations but at the same time, i can't help but wish for EVERYTHING to go smoothly, wouldn't we all?

It feels like only days ago we stood by the escalators and i shed some tears as we said farewell. Not knowing what would happen next but that we agreed it was the most 'amazing' week. Where has Time gone? It took a little over two months, daily phone calls, over a hundred emails later and a realisation that we had to see one another again soon, for him to make the next move.

No! Nobody is relocating.
.
.
.
Not anytime soon anyway.

SERIOUSLY!? Who would have thought, Chrissie would find SOMEONE let alone have the guy jump on a plane and travel half way across the world to spend their holiday with her? It's so surreal.

Hmmm... i guess this means this guy MUST really like me, eh? eheheheh...

For a minute there, i was actually nervous breaking the news to the parentals. I felt like i was 13 again asking them if i could have a friend let alone a guy stay over. [Reason being that i'll be crashing at my parents place as of next week]. But we've agreed, we'd run away and stay elsewhere for most of the time... oOOoooer... we're checking into a hotel.

They've never met him and they've only heard bits and pieces from my weekly phone calls back home. The last time i introduced someone as my "boyfriend" AND had him stay in my room under their roof was when i was 16! And even THAT was a bit risque back then. But we had been together for just over a year and they had met him several times before that.

Boyfriend.

It still sounds foreign to my ears. Maybe if i keep chanting it to myself, i'll get used to it and it'll embed itself into my consciousness. But why is it when i say, "Partner" it doesn't sound as if it belongs in the high school ranks? I guess it can also suggest a "same-sex" relationship or something far more serious like one is married.

No, no, no... we're taking ONE STEP at a time.

Hello! I'm not that delusional. I still have my career to sort out and we both have our lives to figure out. The only difference is, we're taking each other into consideration.

ooOOooo... it sounds all so grown up. Even admitting to being IN a relationship is a HUGE step for me. I can't believe SOMEONE out there would bother to travel thousands of kilometres just to see ME! It's been so long since i've looked forward to Christmas and even more so the New Year. I'm so excited, i could throw up!

I guess wishes do come true after all.

3 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

woo i'm so excited for you!!
ur 2 weeks is going to seem like 2 months i bet! hahaha

Happy Happy Very Happy Holidaeeees to you and your boyfriend. just helping you get used to the word... :)

winkris said...

THANKS!!! I can't believe it's next week... ooOoooooer! =) Happy holidaeeees to you too hun =)

Anonymous said...

hey i see the care bear calendar was put to good use.. see! i knew you were a sucker to the carebears stuff and you trying to deny it at 7E was just funny!

ps. did you see the black card i wrote with the carebear calendar?