Thursday, December 13, 2007

New digits

So i made it over without much of a fuss. The weather hasn't exactly been beautiful but seeing that it's the monsoon season, it's not like much can be done.

Since i've arrived i've been busy taking my mom out and accompanying her to do her errands. It hasn't really hit that, yes... i will be here permanently. But i guess once the new year rolls in and i go for interviews, i'm sure reality will find it's way back. Yes i will eventually flee the nest... again and look for my own pad even though i love my parentals dearly, i do like my own space and independence. But until that day comes again, i guess it's nice to not come home to an empty apartment for a change.

And with 90% of my things still being housed at my temporary home by the border, it still feels like i'm only here on a visit... much like an extended holiday. As usual my dad will arrive on Saturday and will be bringing over one of my other suitcases with the clothes that i think i'll be wearing for the next month or two. My nomad lifestyle is slowly coming to a close but until i get my new place and Satan's spawn returns, home doesn't really feel like home, if ya know what i mean.

But apart from adjusting to a new bed... again and being surrounded by a mix of my distant past and recent activities, i think things are slowly falling into place. Finally.

Can you believe ONE more week to go until my man arrives? It's all going so fast, i'm getting more and more excited. I still haven't sorted out my Christmas shopping and i still have no idea what to get.

oOoooooer... Naughty or Nice?

...

Today the sun was out for a change and so my mom and i decided to head out. Well more like she spent it at the hairdresser's and i was busy looking at phone deals. Originally, i had planned on getting a prepaid but after speaking to several representatives and browsing through leaflets it would end up being more cost effective if i signed a contract. I guess that's why they're there... to lure people like me to signing up with them! And with mom being a citizen it meant that i could have it under her name and that also meant i didn't have to pay that ridiculous expatriate fee. It sucks that expats have to pay much more than locals.

But being a sucker for deals, i noticed there was an offer for contracts and new mobiles. Previously, a Samsung user but never really a loyal customer, i decided to give in and ended up getting the Sandy beige coloured Sony Ericsson K770i. Best part was i only paid S$68. Why not? Hell, i'm starting a new chapter, why not a new phone to go along with it... yes i know that's a lame excuse, oh well.

So for the past hour or so, i've been slowly getting accustomed to the menu and its features. I'm sure half of the shit in there i won't ever use but hey, nothing beats playing with a new toy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ya chrisseeeee... we miss you! oh LIB-F-ing-C has been redone and redone, first by agustine then see lok had to help too... gosh what a saga. but anyway tewll us about what happened to satan's spawn in the end... did he like his foster parents and how did you feel about it?

mlp

Anonymous said...

Oh and i forgot the main reason i am here. please go and read Dooce's latest post on her telling her friend about her depression. damn that woman can really write.

Duke said...

did it sync with your apple?

winkris said...

mlp: oooOOooh so it wasn't my "incompetence" that lead to LIB F-ing C to be not presented. Good luck to them then!

As for dooce, i just read it... yea i have much respect for her writing.

And as for the Satan's Spawn saga, let me call the woman and see what the status is... then i'll do my update.

duke: See... that's what i'm saying, half the shit in there i won't ever use... ehehhe. I guess i should read the manual after all. But i don't see why it shouldn't work. Will work on that later =)