Monday, December 17, 2007

It's not so bad being a woman after all.

Today i made it to my 2.30pm appointment and for the next 21 days i can only hope Yasmin and i will be the best of friends. I reckon any serious side effects will only be felt after the 1st month... so we'll see.

I was in and out of her office within minutes and because of that she was nice enough to waiver the consultation fee. Isn't that nice? I later jumped on the train and made my way to the city to start my Christmas shopping adventure. And although i haven't completed my whole list, i think i did pretty well considering i walked around for... 6 hours.

The weather wasn't exactly great. It pissed down pretty much the whole day but most of the time i was walking in and out of shops and department stores, it didn't really bother me.

I eventually found myself looking for lingerie. UH-OH!

With so many designs, textures, colours and cuts on the market, it was so difficult for me to find something that i liked let alone see myself flounce around in or anyone else for that matter. Which is probably why it took me so long. I'm quite particular about what i wear, not so much the brand but how it looks and feels.

I'm sure most women will agree there's something about wearing really nice undergarments that makes a woman feel extra special no matter what she's wearing on the outside. She could wear the most beat up outfit but if she's wearing something really saucy underneath, it can make all the difference to how the woman feels overall and how she projects herself to others. Try it, it's great!

So half a dozen lingerie shops and department stores later, i found a few that i liked. There was this gorgeous corset but i couldn't justify paying over 300 especially if it would only be worn a few times. Overall, i'm happy with my choices. Obviously splurging on lingerie was not entirely for my own benefit. My man travels half way across the world, it's the least that i can do.

So yea, now i am absolutely knackered.

But my Christmas pressie hunting does not end there, it continues tomorrow after lunch. Who knows where i'll end up or what i'll end up whipping my credit card out for next.

I firmly believe shopping is evil but hey, it's damn right therapeutic and a definite Time waster.

CREDIT CARD REMINDER: Remember the exchange rate!

2 comments:

Belinda said...

I know exactly how I want my undies to feel - NOT ridin' up my ass that's how. Non-wegiefiable and not lacy. Lace makes me itch. Satin/silk is too slippery. But whatever. As long as they don't end up in my ass somehow it's aaaaaall good lol

winkris said...

mmmmmmm... thaaaaat's nice! *does THAT face* =p