Friday, October 24, 2008

SHE knows

Not only was yesterday my mother's birthday but it certainly was a day to remember. Less than 24 hours ago J told HER and guess what!? Apparently she took it well.

We can only hope there will be no more dramas or unnecessary stresses for the future. And that SHE will find a true happiness that J and i have found.

At last we can now live our lives without having to hide.

That is not to say that i will stop screening my incoming calls. And no, i'm not going to start hanging around her neck of the neighborhood... i don't do well with confrontations.

Not only am i losing hair because of my lack of interest in getting back into my field but i stress over the day that Little L finally stays over. Her non-existent English vocabulary and my minimal knowledge in German bumps the communication stress level one step higher.

Oh gawd, why am i stressing? One step at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

guten luck frau R! my humble offering of advice for when little frau comes to visit... DON'T TRY TOO HARD WHATEVER YOU DO! just be nice and smile lots and give her the space to get comfy with you first, then allow her to feel that she decided herself to approach you. ask J not to push her too much either... everyday i have overzealous thai strangers trying to get in sasha's face, hold her hand, ask her name, pinch her cheek etc, and she bloody hates it. she screams at them to go away... something you surely want to avoid!

good to see you bloggin again!
big hugs
mlp

winkris said...

mlp: HEY!!! *waves* Oh i can so imagine that... Poor SashaPau!

Well things went really well and although Day 1 was absolutely nerve wrecking, i think she's warming up to me.

The other day we were watching TV and she moved from where she was sitting and she sat next to me. I was like a stunned mullet and wasn't sure what to do. I was really surprised but it worked out ok.

But yea, we'll see how it goes. But i'll remember to tuck your advice safely in my pocket... thanks! =)

BIG HUGS BACKATCHA!!!