Thursday, October 23, 2008

[full stop]

The other day i was playing around with my labret [the piercing that i have just below my lower lip] and i managed to unscrew it. Curious to see what i may look like without it, i took it out.

J and my sister make fun of my lips since they say i look like i'm "pouting" but seriously, they have a mind of their own and much like oversized breasted women, i can't simply tuck my lips away.

Anyway, i'm not sure when i got my labret done but i'm thinking around 2003 shortly after i started working at an advertising agency. It's 2008 and already it has been 5 years that i've had this piece of metal protruding from my face.

J came home and i asked him whether he noticed anything different. I made it easy for him because seconds after i caved and said, "Look... i took my Labret out." "You took your what out??? He replied in shock.

Arty farty picture created with Photofunia

He stared at my face a little too long and much to my discomfort and said, "You look... like a... normal girl".

"Normal???"
I wasn't sure whether that was good or bad but suddenly i felt naked.

A small hole was left behind between my chin and lower lip and the scar made me feel slightly more self-conscious. It wasn't like i thought i'd be drooling but the extra attention on my face made me very uncomfortable. It was then that i was grateful that my over-sized Puffer fish-like lips concealed it perfectly.

I put my piercing back and then suddenly the focus was put back onto the metal ball. Which somehow before, the piercing was able to blend into the background.

Funny how just one little fleck of metal could make such a difference. It's like when one spends a lot of time with someone, one doesn't notice the fine details anymore.

4 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

i can almost imagine the expression on his face as he says "you took out your what?!?!" hahaha

p/s the word verification below read dogread dammit, is the internet trying to say something? -_-

winkris said...

lol @ dogread, well at least it was... ummm polite... ehehe.

Duke said...

never noticed before, but your lips are HOTT

winkris said...

ahaha... thanks Buddy. Cheers for noticing. ;)