Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Where Is My Money???

I was rudely awaken by a vibration this morning. J was already in the shower and thought to myself, "5 more minutes, JUST 5 more minutes". I had buried myself under his duvet i like to call, "The Cloud Formation". Seriously, without fail i am able to pass out each time, i can't believe how comfortable his feather down duvet is.

"BrrRrrrrrr brrRrrrrr..."

There it goes again! It can't be my alarm because usually by now i would have switched it off. It's not even 9 yet. Finally i found it. It must have been those Pixie stealers again! Movin' my stuff around without my knowledge. Or maybe i was responsible for not being arsed enough to put it back on the side table.

*shrugs* The word, Withheld flashed impatiently across my Sony Ericsson.

For a second there i thought it was an overseas call and a bolt of excitement ran through me. Maybe a random "hello" from back home? Or maybe Mediamarkt was calling to tell me that the DVDs for Season 10 of Friends that we ordered had arrived. At 9:10 am? That's a bit eager!

In a puzzled voice i answered, "Hallo?"
"Guten Morgen. Ist Frau R** da?" The familiar voice on the other line began.

My brain hadn't switched on properly but i was still able to answer the phone. And like a game of Simon Says i attempted to put on a perky voice and was able to spit out, "Guten Morgen. Ja. Hallo. Frau R** hier."

It was the Bank to tell me that my money that i had in my previous account in Bonn had not yet transferred into my Düsseldorf account. Even though i was able to withdraw and use my ATM card to make purchases, which i had done, i, in fact was not allowed.

Uh-oh.

How dangerous is that!? Even though i'm not that much in debt, i'm sure there are people out there making MASSIVE purchases and withdrawing the maximum.

So slightly confused and concerned, all i could think about was, OhMyFuckinGawd, where did my money go? I got J to call the Bank and now we just wait.



Not quite the same but it's like the scene in Jerry McGuire and Tom Cruise yells into the phone, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

Apparently it takes 5 working days. But today is already the 6th. Nobody informed us it would take so long for one branch to inform the other of a new account. And should i have known, i wouldn't be simply withdrawing money and i would have taken out a sufficient amount to last at least a week.

Damn it, i'm now marked as being in the "minus" ranks. So here i say, "SHOW ME MY MONEY!"

PS. I must remember to answer the phone with my Surname. A common practice known by all, as a way to inform the person on the other line who is speaking. Then to say "Ja" when asked a question and to sound convincing.
...

Today was the kind of the day that one stayed in bed. I later took a nap and found myself in the 2-storey townhouse that i used to live in in Melbourne. Everything was in its place, just how i remember it to be. I had reenacted the day my flat got robbed. Except this time, nothing was taken. A message was left on my answering machine to inform me that the area had many break-ins.

Suddenly, i had a fear that the Robber was STILL in the house with me.

And like a scene from a soap opera, the background music changed and Camera 1 zoomed into the windows... they were wide open! They were the kind of windows that opened from the bottom and out at an angle. I tried desperately to hear the full message on my answering machine but was unable to comprehend the number because the volume was so low. Pressing the rewind button only meant i had gone back through a years worth of messages.

Seriously, why didn't i erase these messages?

Oh my gawd, i lost the number to the Detective! Panicked and stressed, i fumbled with the phone. Pressing all the numbers and hoping i would return to the right message. But had FAILED.

I woke up confused and confronted with the miserable looking grey sky outside.

Why wasn't my subconscious not so S-M-R-T as to call the police?

I Googled what the dream could symbolise and concluded that the incident with my Bank calling and the late transfer of money may have heavily influenced my Dream. And that perhaps i have a fear of losing my Material Things or being penniless.

FACT:
Did you know the number to call in Germany in case of an emergency is not "911" like in the movies but 110 (Police) and 112 (Fire Brigade & Ambulance).

No comments: