Thursday, March 04, 2010

Caffeine and fur babies.


It's weather like this that tricks people to shed their layers. And one of the reasons why colds get passed around. Germs... everywhere are dirty germs! It's actually -3˙C and although the weatherman predicts that it'll climb up to 7˙C later this afternoon, i'd much rather catch the sun rays indoors.

I don't really have plans to step outside, although i probably should try and soak in some Vitamin D and get some exercise.

We'll see how my day goes.


But yesterday i went out. I even went by foot to the city because the weather was so nice. A solid 40 minute walk, i hear my buns of steel calling. I wore a scarf and fleece jacket and i was good to go. Yay, puffy-jacket-time during the day is nearly over!

I met up with a few of the ladies that i used to do the German course with and i have to say i had really good time. We laughed, shared stories and chit chatted about our kids/kittens - all in German of course. And i find my broken German is slowly improving.


I decided to take another road back home thinking it was shorter...


It wasn't and for some reason now my ankles hurt. I blame the ill-fitting boots i wore.

It ended up taking longer because i had to walk alongside a road that cut through some field. Yes, it's like a real life FarmVille except that i don't need to harvest any crops or groom any farm animals. Oh wait and i don't get presents or money.

OK it's not just like FarmVille.

It's only a field and they still have to remove the wilted crops. Plus it smells like manure mixed with mold caused by the melted snow.

Moving on...


My fur babies, they're growing up fast! We put together the second scratching post that we inherited from J's younger brother. So now my work room is the Playroom/Guestroom. And when they're not jumping in and out of the cardboard box that lies randomly in the centre of the room, they're chillin'.

But Yoshi remains to be a Mama's boy and follows me around most of the time.


He often drapes himself across my lap when he takes his morning/midday/afternoon/anytime nap and enjoys getting his belly rubbed. He can be such an attention seeker whore when he wants to be.


He has these dots on his stomach which makes him look like a leopard. I swear if he wasn't so cute i would wear him as a hat next winter. He's so soft!

As for Luna, well little Miss Independent spends most of the time doing her own thing. She's not as kissy-face as her brother but she does occasionally lie on my lap for a short snooze. She is usually the one initiating a round of "Catch Me If You Can" or "Peek-a-boo I See You" with Yoshi and is ALWAYS the first one at the feeding bowl when it's dinner time.


I can't imagine what it would be like if we only adopted one kitten. They spend a good portion of the day play fighting and exploring new heights before heading to their favorite spots to pass out. Which works out great for me because i can usually work at the computer for a good 2 hours before one of them distracts me and demands attention.


But last night we tuned into MTV and there were these guys doing stunts and for a good 15 minutes she sat there watching. Her human-like eyes grew bigger each time they flew from one side of the screen to the other. It was so cute to watch.

I have to admit though, having them in my life has made me feel so much better and having to work from home makes the day not so boring.

No comments: