Monday, March 01, 2010

Sunshine on a rainy day.

Next!

I brought the kitties to the vet at the Animal Shelter this morning to get their 2nd vaccination shot and to get meds to clear those funky ear mites. All of which were "free" since it was part of the initial upfront costs we had already paid when adopting the kittens.

But i have to say my feline fur babies were very well behaved. Nobody squirmed or made a big fuss, i was well impressed.


The German kitten foster couple brought along Max [the brother of Luna and Yoshi] for his 2nd vaccination too but instead of bringing him back home with them, it was time for him to be left at the animal shelter.

I had no idea.

I thought somebody had gone to see him and reserved him. But sadly, that person never contacted the animal shelter again. It was so sad, so i asked if i could say good-bye to Max before we left.


He was already getting acquainted with one of the many residents when i walked into the "Children's Room". But now he sits amongst the other kittens hoping he'll win the heart of a potential owner. I'm hoping his approachable and playful character will work to his advantage and of course that he's still quite young. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that he gets a loving and caring family.

I'm so sorry Max that i couldn't take you home too.

...

Then this afternoon after the rain clouds parted, the sun made an appearance. It's been so long since i've seen my shadow, i was wondering when it would ever return. Scared that the blue sky would disappear the minute i turned my back, i dared to go out on to the balcony without my coat on.


And i swear if skin could talk, i'm sure it was sighing with relief the second i stepped out.

Being deprived of sunshine and forced to endure temperatures below 0˙C has made my skin glow a shade of pastiness. Oh how i miss coming home with tan lines.


But i stupidly tried to stare at the sun just now - don't ask me why, and after that my retinas begged for darkness.

Thinking about warmer days and t-shirt/singlet evenings has got me all excited. I'm totally over the puffy coats and fatness.

And i'm going to disregard the possible snow prediction that i heard on the radio this morning and declare that i can smell Spring is just around the corner.

14 days to go till i'm 30. Can you say, Hell Yea!?

No comments: