Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Everything is under Qontrol.

My deadline has been pushed forward which means i have to complete at least seven logos by tomorrow! What happened to "my first deadline is 8 days away?"

I'm trying to stay calm even though my panic mode has gone up a notch.

I think i have it under control.

Our small fondue party on Saturday that we had planned weeks in advance turned out better than i hoped for. And our post midnight rearrange-the-furniture madness was a success. We are now utilizing our space much better - which makes our place feel somewhat bigger. Photos will be posted once i've handed in my deadline.

Seriously, is it just me or is this year going by quickly? What the hell happened to March?

Anyway, J and i are planning on taking a short trip to Amsterdam in mid April to see my friends play at an event. And to be honest, i'm only going cause they're playing.

Much love and support to my BAXX boys!

The whole trip is gonna cost us a pretty penny but i figured it's one of those once-in-a-life-time type things. Plus if i'm not mistaken, i did say here in 2006 i wanted to make my way to Amsterdam for Sensation Black. It's not quite the same but i reckon In Qontrol has given me more reason to dust off my dancin' shoes.

As for my "take my designery arse to my 'homeland' and be one of the best muthafuckin' graphic designers" statement, well 4 years later i live about 3+ hours away from Amsterdam and i'm far from being the best of anything.

But April's going to be a crazy month i think because that following Monday of the event, J has to drive South for another of his 4-day training workshops. And i have to finish off a basic corporate identity manual by the end of the week.

*Panic mode goes up yet another notch*

So at the moment we're both trying to sort out our schedules and i'm desperately trying to keep to my deadlines. It's a chance for us to temporarily run away from our daily routines and have a proper getaway.



Enough dilly-dallying.

I'm on to my second cup of coffee and i'm thinking positive. Full steam ahead...

No comments: