Friday, May 28, 2010

Fighting for Change.

I watched an interesting documentary by MTV's True Life called Resist the Power! Saudi Arabia just now, one that left me appreciating my life how i know it and believing that it is my right to share my thoughts and opinions with others.

For one hour, you get snippets of the lives of four young Saudis in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the issues they face for wanting freedom and equality between genders.


A place where women are destined to be covered from head to toe in black and single males are forbidden to enter shopping malls on their own. A place where even the love of playing Metal music could lead you in trouble with the authorities.

We, as outsiders, have a freedom that many of us have never thought twice about and a life that only some young Saudis wanting change can dream about.

No comments: