Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tokingalotofcok and Eating Ice-Cream

So i called my sister yesterday and apparently i sounded very much like an 90-year old jewish woman from the Bronx. My voice isn't back yet, no thanks to the cold i had over the weekend. I have self-diagnosed myself with larynjitis and therefore, have been told to rest my voice.

My sister, who i've nicknamed Boobers, lives about 4 hours by car from where i am. She lives with her boyfriend and her little baby girl who's 5 months old. We usually try and speak to one another at least every week, updating each other on what's new, old, irritating or happy in our lives. And the more drama our days are, the more we're on the phone with one another.

In that sense, it's great that we get along and calls from local land-line to land-line are free... well kind of but not really.

I know and she knows, we have each other to rely on if either one of us needs words of comfort or help.

But when we're not being serious, we're giggling like a bunch of school girls.

It started from young and i'm sure it will continue on to our dentures-and-adult-diaper days. We make up words, accents and say silly things that leave us seriously laughing out loud and everyone else looking at us with a raised eyebrow.

That's how it's always been.

But in between tokingalotofcok yesterday, i also bitched about my financial problems.

Yes, i still think being an adult does really suck.

And so i turned to My Milk Toof by Anna Denise for some cheering up. If you haven't seen ickle and Lardee, you so should! One story in particular that i like is "Sweet Treats".

:: click ::

Aren't they just to-the-max adorable?

It brings me back to a time when my sister and i wore matching jumpsuits and shoes with Velcro were in fashion. It was clear that my whole purpose of living was to watch Sesame Street in the morning.

So there we were eating our ice-cream in the playground. My sister is ogling mine even though she's just finished hers and i'm only just beginning.

Fast forward to now...

She's a mother nursing a baby. I eat way too fast and our freezer has run out of ice-cream.

Where, oh where did Time go?

When did we ever start being adults and having so many responsibilities?

No comments: