Friday, May 14, 2010

Follow the trail of tissue.

For the past couple of mornings i've been waking up with an itchy throat. Then the rest of my days would be interrupted by the occasional cough. It felt like something was lodged in my throat and had set camp there. If only i could grab a fork and shove it down there without gagging.

Then the other day my throat felt like it had swollen up.

I thought, maybe, it's those damn dust mites again and i'm having some kind of allergic reaction.

So i went on a mission to throw all the bed linen in the laundry. Then wiped down an endless number of surfaces which was covered in dust, went onto mopping the hallway and vacuumed the carpeted rooms.

I know when i was younger i was allergic to dust, i'm not sure if i still am. But i do know when i was younger i was hospitalized because of asthma and couldn't be around dust. But as i got older, my asthma disappeared. Maybe my allergies are coming back?

It's been two days since i went on a cleaning frenzy and my coughing has now affected my vocal chords giving me a husky tone. So on top of sounding like a tranny, my nose alternates between being runny and my right sinus being blocked.

I feel exhausted even though i've slept most of yesterday and most of the morning.

Is it safe to say, i'm sick?

Armed with a cup of dissolvable Aspirin Complex and scorching hot chamomile tea + honey, i'm crawling back into bed. Let's hope when i wake up in a few hours, J will return with more medication to feed me. I need to be better... like now!

Alas, another deadline approaches.

No comments: