Saturday, May 08, 2010

Hallo sweet tooth & my 10 cm boost.

Bought myself a pair of stilletto pumps yesterday whilst waiting to meet the ladies for coffee and cake or as the Germans would say, Kaffee und Kuchen. These were the same ladies whom i used to learn German with.


It's been about two months since our last meet up and it felt like it had been ages since i tried rearranging words to make a proper German sentence. Our teacher came too, she's the one in pink, third from the left. She's reallty nice. She's six months pregnant and she has that pregnancy glow goin' on. And one other girl that was there, Chiraz - she was three months pregnant. And as they were doing their Show & Tell's of their babies ultrasounds pictures, i happily joined in with the ooo's and aaa's trying to make out what each shadow and curve was.

And for a moment thought, how weird, i could have been sitting there pregnant too.

My life feels like it's in fast forward. Doesn't yours? This year is speeding along exceptionally fast.


I told myself that i wouldn't eat anymore junk food or desserts for the rest of the week and that was on Wednesday. That promise was broken two days later with a lovely slice of Tirimisu. Well technically, it was one and a half since i also ate half of Anais' piece. And then J bought me two Veggies burgers from McD's for dinner and i couldn't refuse.

My sudden obsession with my weight is all due to the sudden appearance of love handles. Seriously, when did they get here? Although my weight has remained the same. What was left of my muscles have now turned to fat. It's known that people in relationships tend to put on the kilos. I guess after awhile comfort sits in and one is not so bothered about ones' appearance as much.

Age has given me a sweet tooth and my metabolism has calmed down. But then again sitting on my arse day in and day out hasn't helped out either.

I'm happy i decided to walk the 45 minutes to the city instead of taking the bus yesterday.

Maybe i'll shift the No Junk Food to next week?


Anyway, back to my shoes. Aren't they lovely!? I feel so womanly and tall in them. All 10 cm taller.

I'm not quite sure when and where i'll wear them but for 19.90 Euros i couldn't resist buying them. It's nearly impossible to get heels like that any cheaper in Germany. And since they were left in the box on the floor of the shoestore and were in my size, i thought why not!

But if i left without them, they could be gone forevaaaa. I took it as a sign and thought, i HAD to have them.

I don't think i'm a shoe person and if i like a pair, i'll wear it to death. And when i do find a pair i like, chances are they pinch somewhere but i convince myself that i'll be able to wear them in. Only to then end up storing them and returning back to my old pair.

My feet are sensitive in that way.



I found this vid of mistakes that people make when wearing heels and couldn't help but laugh. I've come across a few "gripping-of-the-thighs" high heel wearing women in my life. LOL.

Worse comes to worse, if i don't have enough guts to strut my stuff outdoors, i could always parade them indoors for J.

;)

No comments: