Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fallen Snowflakes.

I'm not sure what it is that makes me so happy when i see snow. Catching myself being mesmerized by the falling snowflakes could be one and second, it sort of covers all the dirty stuff making the area look pure and pristine. OK, not so much pristine but seeing fresh, untouched snow puts me in a slightly better mood.

And ever since my weatherman widget informed me of a light snow fall this week, i've been waiting patiently and making sure to be close to a window.

But finally yesterday it snowed!

It was the first time that Luna and Yoshi had properly seen snow, so i let them out on the balcony so they could have a closer look. Last Christmas they were too young to appreciate it. Plus Luna was too weak to even get off the sofa on her own, let alone venture out onto the balcony. She was very little and extremely shy, although i'm not sure what happened to the shy part, she seems to like ganging up on Yoshi.

I think she may have developed some kind of 'Little Man' Syndrome.


But here she is playing and trying to pounce on the melting fallen snowflakes. Unaware that she was being covered in snow.


She eventually figured out she wasn't going to catch any and stood in the doorway whilst i stood there freezing my butt off taking photos of them. And no, it didn't occur to me that i could get my jacket and gloves.


Yoshi wasn't as excited though. In fact, he was more interested in my camera. I think i may have shoved him off my lap as he was taking one of his naps and may have accidently yelled in his ear that it was snowing.

It only lasted for 20 minutes. The snowfall i mean, not the yelling *wink*

Unfortunately, it didn't turn everything white. I guess the ground wasn't cold enough to prevent the snow from melting.


But this is the frosty 5-day forecast. Looks like there's gonna be more snow later. And don't be fooled by those glowing yellow dots also known as the sun. See how it says -5˚C, well that's just the temperature, it hasn't calculated the wind chill factor.

FROZEN NIPPLES, ANYONE?

It's only a week to go till December but technically it's still Autumn.

For me Autumn is about dark grey, wet skies and runny noses. As for Winter it's all about snow, the smell of burnt wood in the air and hot glühwein also known as mulled wine.

Speaking of glüwein, that's what J and i plan on having later on this afternoon with a shot of Amaretto! Yummmm.

The small Christmas market officially opens in the town we live in. And at a high of 2˚ Celsius, there's nothing like a bit of alcohol to warm the tummy. Plus it makes riding on ones' bike a little more challenging exciting especially if it's snowing.

Wheeeee!!!

No comments: