Thursday, November 18, 2010

Shrinking Cysts + Home Hunting Continues.

I'm slowly getting the hang of cycling in 5˚Celsius temperatures. The extra layers and knitted band that helps keep my ears from falling off really does make a huge difference.

So after getting only slightly lost earlier today, i made it to my gynae's office with a few minutes to spare.

Turns out all's good "down under". The massive cyst on my right ovary that i complained about here has reduced down to 2.6 cm in diameter. And it turns out my left ovary felt left out in the process and has developed a 3 cm cyst.

Great.

She explained to me that women who are prone to cysts are recommended to start birth control pills to reduce cysts - which i so happened to be on for the last three years. She then went on to say, there are some women [me for example] that will continuously have cysts due to genetics even if i take the Pill. It's some kind of hereditary weakness.

Yay. Lucky me!

But she says that i shouldn't worry, as it has no direct effect to my reproductive system should i one day choose to be preggers. However, as a precaution i should get examined every six months or so.

The joys of being a woman.

***

Moving on...

Ya know how we were supposed to drive to Cologne on Saturday to view that awesome apartment that J and i were really interested in?

WELL IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

The landlord emailed me just now to inform us that our appointment is cancelled because somebody has decided they like the apartment much more than us. In other words, the place is taken.

DAMN IT!

There i was imagining our furniture and rearranging my work room in my head. I was even getting all excited about walking that 10 minutes to my pole dance class.

I can't help but think that some bitch took MY place!

YES, my place.

Trying to find an apartment can be so stressful. It definitely brings out the competitive side out of me. Who would have thought so many people would consider moving at this time of the year. Weeks before Christmas, days before it starts dumping snow.

I guess i have to get over the disappointment quick and just continue the hunt.

And to make myself feel just that little bit better, i'm just going to tell myself, if the place was meant to be, then it would have been ours by now.

Sending out good vibes that i find an affordable and even better replacement. One that is even more centrally located with enough parking and a supermarket down the road would be great too.

Seven more weeks and counting...

***

Have you seen What Happens in Vegas? In Germany, they've changed the title to, Love Vegas.

Huh?


I guess when one translates titles from English to German, it doesn't quite have the same effect.



I know this movie is like so two years ago but i thought i'd mention it since J went out of his way to borrow DVDs yesterday. Plus i actually found this movie really funny.

The other movie he chose was Shutter Island but because he knows i get scared at even the smallest things, he matched it with this Chick flick in attempts to soothe any nightmares.

Awww... there's love.

No comments: