Friday, December 31, 2010

Dear 2010, i'm so over you.

So this will be my last post, for 2010 that is.

Before i get carried away, i just wanted to say thank you to all my readers for tolerating with my long-windedness and at times, useless nonsense. I apologize if my slight obsession with the weather is of no interest to some of you but really when my warmth depends on it, then you'll just have to deal with it too.

By the way it's 0˚Celsius at the moment and there's supposed to be snow showers later.

Anyway, the past twelve months has been a roller coaster of emotions.

But amongst all the tears and laughter, i've learned to be patient [sort of], calmer and dare i even say, more mature. I've slowly gained my independence [thanks to my bumble bee bicycle] and i've even learned to think more positive.

And here is a short recap of 2010 to keep you all company whilst J and i drive to Koeln to get the keys to our new home!

2010 Highlights

  • Learnt some German [to be continued]
  • Had major surgery done;
    no thanks to an ectopic pregnancy, they had to remove my left fallopian tube too
  • Bought a corner sofa bed
  • Visited Hannover
  • Went to In Qontrol in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
  • Adopted Luna and Yoshi
  • Got a new iMac
  • Turned 30
  • Learnt how to ride my bicycle again after two decades
  • Went to Ruhr in Love in Oberhausen, Germany
  • Little L came for 2 weeks in Summer - she now speaks English
  • Drove down to Wiesbaden for a family reunion
  • Finally got to see my parents after 2+ years of not seeing them
  • Tried to get to the Love Parade in Duisburg, Germany
  • Made it to 3 years with J
  • Wrote an ultimatum to J
  • Traveled solo and went to visit my sister, her boyfriend and my niece in Wiesbaden
  • Completed several ongoing jobs & got payed for them
  • Lost Misplaced my diamond ring
  • Found my diamond ring
  • Hired some guy to do my 2009 taxes
  • Visited Hamburg
  • Visited Koeln
  • Went apartment hunting in Koeln
  • Christmas with J and his family
  • Found a new home
***

Oh and should i get swept away with the rest of the packing tomorrow, here's wishing all my friends, silent readers and randoms a great start to the new year!

But without further ado, let's just hope 2011 brings in more smiles, laughter, friends, an active lifestyle and a much healthier bank account.

Much love and summersaults,
Chrissie... xox

3 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

Happy, Happy Happy New Year Chrissie!!
Here's hoping to awesome merrymaking and memorable days ahead for us in 2011 :)

crazynia said...

happy belated new year!

winkris said...

Ms. Red : And a very happy, merrymaking and memorable new year to you too!

crazynia : Thaaaanks and you too =)