Monday, December 06, 2010

Finally...

The lady just called me because she said she couldn't get a hold of J on the phone. But from what i understood she said...

YES, WE CAN HAVE THE APARTMENT!!!

*Does an extended happy dance*

I was so excited when she told me, i was having trouble stringing my German words together to make proper sentences. But prior to her telling me the good news i did my best in telling her in the simplest way that my German wasn't so good.

As if she didn't figure that out already.

But ya know, just in case she ended up telling me something really important and then after, me typically saying, i didn't understand.

So she asked if i could understand her and i replied in German, yes.

Which was true, i did understand her.

I just had/have issues talking in long sentences - another reason why i intend to enroll myself again in German classes in February.

So in fear that i heard her wrong, i rephrased her answer with, So everything is OK?

I could almost see her smiling as she said, "Yes. Everything is OK".

Like a starving child being given food, i kept thanking her and telling her how great it was.

But seriously, what a huge relief to know that we have a confirmed home to move into in January. And with 4 weeks to go and not a single box packed, i can now focus on meeting my deadlines and organising what i want to throw/keep before the new year rolls in.

It honestly feels like i've just been told i've won the lottery.

Although i've never won any money, winning would definitely help pay for our complete new kitchen that we have to now buy and install.

Never mind, one step at a time.

OMG can i be anymore excited???


OK... back to work.

No comments: