Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We are Three.

I remember telling a friend that i'd never fall in love again and the chance of finding me dead in a single room apartment covered in scratches and stinking of cat pee were high.

How dramatic, i know.

But i honestly did feel that's how my life would end. I was depressive and couldn't see the positive out of any situation.

Then three years ago to this date, J walked back into my life after thirteen years. Or more like, i walked passed his, he recognised me and said, "hi...".

A definite case of being at the right place, at the right time.

And like an extended Summer fling, we spent the following months wrapped up in a long distance relationship unsure whether our lives would ever intertwine.

But as fate would have it, our lives did.


And so as i sit here sipping my morning coffee, shielded from the foggy 2˚C air, i am unable to imagine what my life would have been like had we gone separate directions.

All Good Things Do Happen in Threes and i am very grateful we've reached the three year milestone.

But we won't be able to celebrate today and pop open that chilled bottle of rosé tonight. J's got an all day and night event he has to take care of at work. But he promises me an Anniversary weekend.

Where we're going and what we're doing, he won't tell me. He says it's a surprise.

For all i know it may just be another bicycle ride around the block.

-__-

I guess you'll just have to find out next week.

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

Happy Threenerversary! :)


how quickly time flies, i remember reading bout how he spotted you and called out your name. and i remembered how he had to go back, and then u went to Singapore....

and now...u found ur diamond ring! :)

winkris said...

Awww that's so nice of you, thanks!

Well we've decided instead of celebrating it for one day, we'd extend it to a week which is how long he spent in KL before he had to fly back to Germany.

Somehow waking up every morning for the next week and saying, happy DREInerversary or THREEnerversary, doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

And yes.

I have my diamond ring back. Although i doubt there'll be any wedding bells in the near future.