Monday, September 06, 2010

MISSING: My lil' Christmas Bling.

Do you believe in signs? I do.

You know the kind that if something or a series of things happens, be it good or bad, it is a rough indication of how a certain something/day is going to turn out. OK, to be more specific, i seem to have lost misplaced my ring. Not just any ring but the "i love you" diamond ring J bought me nearly two Christmases ago.

Let me rewind a bit more.

You see, on Thursday, J and i went randomly to the Jewellers to look at wedding rings together.

Wait!

We're not getting married... well not just yet.

J's old fashion and plans to ask my parents if he can have my hand in marriage first. And from what he tells me, he hasn't asked yet.

So anyway, we were just curious to see how much those engagement/wedding rings would cost. You know, should J one day pop the big question. And after trying on a few, we eventually decided on a particular style that best suited my stumpy fingers and left feeling giddy.

We concluded that engagement rings in Germany are overpriced and our best bet is to go overseas to buy them. And before anyone asks, i didn't leave the ring at the Jewellers because i remember coming home with it.

So back to my Signs theory, i'm taking it as a bad omen that, a] we shouldn't get married anytime soon - not like we were planning to anyway. b] If i can't take care of a ring a fraction of an engagement rings' cost, how can i take care of one that i can't even afford? c] If you repeat things enough times, it WILL happen - like all those times i would say, "i really should remember to put away my ring before one day i lose it".

And yes, i've looked in all the places that i would have normally put it. And i've even looked in the most random of places like the fridge and in the cupboards.

I remember my ex and i were staying at a hotel and in a very intoxicated state woke up the next day looking desperately for some keys.

Turned out it was INSIDE the mini fridge.

-__-

I know, how random, right?

So i've checked out our fridge. It ain't there.

I looked there because on Friday we went out for drinks. Which now i'm thinking is probably more blog-worthy to read about and i even have photos but until i find that damn ring, i won't be able to regurgitate my wine induced thoughts just yet.

I've even gone as far as browsing through photos i took that night, hoping i could see a glimpse of the ring, just to confirm that i had it on that night and i did come home with it. But none of the shots show my hand with the ring in clear view.

It's moments like these i wished i had a wardrobe worth taking photos of, you know those blogs that dedicate a What I Wore Today section. There i could look back and see what i wore and then i would be one step closer to figuring where to locate the missing item.

But thanks to my good-as-Alzheimer's brain of mine, i can't for the love of all things Great and Beautiful can remember where i left my ring last. I know i wouldn't have taken it off when i was out on Friday, so where is it!?

I wish i had a Time Machine.

Yesterday i was so convinced that Luna ate it. Or hid it.

Cats don't eat metal but the way she was eyeballing me earlier, i couldn't be sure.

I even thought Yoshi may have tried to play ice hockey with it and shot it in the bathroom sink. So i asked J to help me dismantle the pipe but was greatly disappointed to find only a few strands of my hair entangled at the bottom.

It has to be in the apartment but where i don't know.

I'm going to recheck every pocket, unfold every clothing item AGAIN and even turn over every drawer because seriously, it couldn't have just walked right out of here. Mark my word, no rubbish bin will leave the front door without a full inspection!

AND

to make matters worse, i woke up last night... again in a coughing frenzy a.k.a i'm getting sick.

*Throws fist in the air*

My hunt continues...

No comments: