Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stepping onto a new territory

Just a quick note to say i have arrived safe and sound. I had no problem asking for help and along the way met random travelers. Some were nice enough to help me with my 32kg suitcase up on to my cart when it looked like i was going to burst a vessel from carrying it around and about and on to the train.

Travelers 101 will say, Never trust a stranger with your belongings.

I guess i broke that since only half an hour from meeting him and both of us getting lost trying to find the train but it was nice that i wasn't doing it alone. I ended up stressing because i wasn't sure if my ticket i was issued was a valid boarding pass. And i only had half an hour to haul arse up the numerous escalators and round the bend to the ticket counter.

So Micheal, the guy that worked as some expert for putting together some "Switch" - i didn't get that far as asking him to go into much detail. But in my second of panic, he passed me his bulky Seiko watch and said to take it and run back to check the ticket and ask the lady just incase. And reassured me that when i return, i'd be sure that my luggage will still be here since he'd wait for me.

I ran so fast up them escalators, i was winded and started to break a sweat.

I guess my gut was right and said he WAS trustworthy cause i came back and he was waiting with his backpack and my mountain of luggage and bags. Yes, that was daring of me probably stupid but oh weel. Although there's no way i would have been able to push the trolley and balance it on the number of escalators AND make it on time to the platform before risking seeing the train depart. And then i'd cry.

Well i didn't end up needing another ticket. It was all too confusing but i made it and J met me at the destination on platform 5 with a bunch of flowers and bubbly... awwwww.

Overall i'll say it's a tad overwhelming and i'm a bit like a stunned mullet. Because apart from the random moments that Boo and J speak English, i don't understand what anyone is saying. But there has been some great moments. I must say the air smells sweet and walking around has been great.

But it's too early too tell... will have to get back to you on that. So far so good.

Had a great day with Boobers and J in Bonn. I took a few photos but have yet to take them off my camera. It's been a VERY long day since i only managed to sleep a few hours on the plane and have been drinking coffee to stay awake.

*Checks time* 11:20pm in Germany equals 6:20am back there... damn. I should sleep... got a bunch of things to do tomorrow!

5 comments:

YC said...

god speed.

LeeWah said...

Glad to hear you made it there in one piece and things are well.

Good luck in your new habitat and keep looking to the future.

D.
XOXO

Ms. Redd said...

yay for you.
2008 is a year of change of good things i reckon... :)

PSYCHOEDIC said...

babe, take good care of yourself there aite...best wishes to u!!!!

winkris said...

yc: ehehhe... thanks.

dave: Thanks and yes, i'm trying *smiles* Hope alls well with you.

ms.redd: Yay! And yes, i hope so *fingers crossed*

goatboi: Thanks! And yea, it's gonna be an interesting year and well wishes to you!!!