Monday, February 11, 2008

Another Domino effect

Without sounding like a cheap knock off of Forest Gump, i'd like to think that Life is like a series of tornados. With it comes a whirlwind of chaos but it's how one deals with the aftermath that determines the effect of the damage.

Well let's just say the past 48 hours has come and gone but within that time frame so much has happened! It's like some twisted act of fate that my life is now steering in a new direction but i'll fast forward to the relevant parts which makes more sense. So yea, i'll cut to the chase...

Basically, i'll be heading to Germany VERY soon as there is a family emergency that requires me to be with my sister for as long as she needs me. Although the circumstances of me going are not exactly one that wishes upon anyone, it's one that will possibly be the start of bigger changes to come. But i'm really looking forward to seeing her anyway.

Fortunately, in my case i get to thank my slight procrastination and no-urgency-to-find-work attitude in the concrete jungle which has allowed me to go overseas without worrying that i have work commitments to come back to. And seeing that i hadn't applied directly to any companies means i'm not held down to any interviews.

Which leaves me an indefinite time frame that i can stay in Europe, should i choose to!

It helps that i hold an E.U passport and i don't have to worry about a dreaded work visa issue. Something that currently plagues my thoughts each time i apply for a job in Asia. Which is why i figured i should at least make an effort to look at POSSIBLY finding work there since i will be in the region. And who knows, i MAY just end up liking it and if not, then i can always check out some other neighboring country.

So i'm rounding up what little contacts i've made over the years and hope it'll give me some lead. Plus thinking about it, i'll be so much closer to J which will cut down the minimum 8 month gap that we would have had to wait till we saw one another next! And it sure beats the 7 hour time difference.

Obviously, learning some German is a must in order for me to get from A to C and in between. But seriously, the thought of a new language, culture, environment... basically EVERYTHING gets me really anxious! Having it in bold is a complete understatement. I am almost sick to my stomach with nerves, it's almost crippling. Seriously feel i need some kind of hypnotic therapy to deal with it or maybe if i just knock myself out it may jolt me back into a sane place. I NEED SOMETHING!

I lay awake thinking about all sorts of shit til 7 AM this morning. And the very thought that one decision made across the world has in fact started a domino effect, who knew it would have effected so many people in the process? Although it's too soon to know the outcome, i can't help but think maybe it's fate... my fate. And in some fucked up way, the timing couldn't be any better in terms of me getting on with my own life. Another kick in the arse perhaps and a VO screaming in my ear, "CHOP CHOP!"

Hmmm...
but i also can't help but think my "When i'm 27 something is going to happen" premonition when i was 13 is still very much active. I never said it would end once the new year began. To think my journey to the other side of the world may still happen BEFORE my 28th birthday next month, is enough to say, OH MY FUCKING GAWD! I better start learning German!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is boo ok?

winkris said...

As good as can be, i guess. But thank you for asking =)