Monday, February 18, 2008

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

I apologise for my absense but my life has some how picked up a notch unexpectedly and my days of lounging around in bed til the late afternoons seem long gone. Although today was a bit of an exception. After a short conversation with Boobers, i decided i was too tired to even make it into the shower. I then switched off the water heater.

"5 minutes", is all i needed for a short snooze is what i said. "Yea right!" was the answer i got. The last time i begged for a nap and said 5 minutes i ended up multipling it by 10. So i thought if i lay across my bed and not tuck myself under the duvet i wouldn't be as comfortable and in turn would not pass out. Who was i kidding? If i wanted to i'm sure i'd be able to catch 40 winks standing up.

So my day to do errands has been cut by a day. Never mind, i think i needed that extra sleep. I often don't get to bed til 4 or so in the morning, doing what, i have no idea.

But because my room isn't so big, i've taken up part of the hallway outside to line up my suitcases and preventing me from leapfrogging over things. And so i've spent most of my afternoon distributing items into 3 piles; 1] What i'll check-in. 2] What i'll bring on board with me 3] What i THINK i need in a few weeks time and then the items can be couriered over.

I'll be honest and say it hasn't REALLY sunk in that i'm leaving. Maybe because the last few months i've tried to mentally sever the umbilicord that keeps me attached that it doesn't feel so much of a departure. I mean i already said farewell to my KL mates in December and it's not like i speak to them every day anyway. It's obvious that times have changed and i guess i could mourn over that but there really is no point. And unless i mentioned me leaving in a MSN conversation or they happen to read this blog/have caught on to my facebook status notifications, chances are they don't even know. Or maybe they don't really give a shit. I dunno.

But i received a surprise phone call from Nugget today and i was SO happy to hear from her. I know she stalks this blog... *waves to her Albino Nugget.* I had planned to go to her wedding in July but due to my sudden departure i had to apologise that i wouldn't be there. It actually made me sad and then it hit me.

Damn. Oh well, that's life! Movin' on...

One minute i'm totally excited that i'm going away. Another part of me, doesn't even realise what is goin' on and i've just been swept away by the chaos. Then some moments i'm freaking out that i'm going to be in a new environment; 2 years earlier than anticipated.

But i'm trying to push the negatives aside. They say if you think positive and imagine yourself immersed in the environment and already achieving your goals, it is likely to happen.

So in that case i'm NOW imagining myself bright eyed and bushy tailed after a 13-hour flight. No puffiness and no dry skin and of course smelling fabulous. I will be me in my 3-in-1 feather down black coat minus that funky new smell that clothing has when you first buy it. And there i'll be lifting my trusty 10-year old Pierre Cardin suitcase; large enough to fit an adolescent off the conveyor belt with complete ease. Then because i'll also have 2 hours to kill before i have to catch a 56-minute long train ride to where J will be waiting patiently and eager to carry my luggage. And of course, he'll greet me with loving arms and kiss me passionately at the train platform before we drive to my sister's place an hour or so away.

But before all that happens i'll be able to a] stretch my legs b] watch strangers go by c] have a smoke d] then take a moment before the sun even rises and breath in some, possibly minus degrees celcius, air. Then finally say, Oh my fucking gawd... i'm here! without looking lost like someone from an Asian mail order bride catalog or a fish out of water.

Oh my gawd... 4 more sleeps to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh i am sooo excited for you!! sasha and i are hanging around phil's hotel suite for a week and then we head back to kl to sort out the move... got lost in a cab twice already and when u have a cranky 2 year old it aint fun... still it's quite exciting and sasha loves the fact that we have a 'wimming pool' here and hassles me the whole day long about going to 'see the wimming pooooooo-ooooool?... putting on her puppy dog eyes as well for maximum effect. then if i say yes she behaves like someone who won the lottery, spinning around the room going wimming, wimming poooooool, yay!! i swear, i have aged about three years since i stopped work!! take care u and i will be thinkin of you! keep blooging!

LeeWah said...

Hey Chrissie! I have been lurking amongst the tall grass reading everything you have to say and my only response is "Good luck".

It's a massive step for someone to relocate once but twice in the span of 6 months is a real feat by anyone.

I wish you all the best in your new home in the northern hemisphere and I hope things treat you well.

Will constantly be thinking of you!

Cheers,
D.

XOXO

winkris said...

allie: oh you so have to take vids of the lil pau, i can't believe she's stringing words together. But then again a cranky 2 year old i'm sure is a pain in the arse. But do post up pics.

I can so imagine how stressful that would be for u getting lost in a cab with the monster. Good luck with the packing and the wimming pooOooool! Awwww...

dave: Thanks dave! Yea it's pretty crazy innit? I'm sure when i'm on the plane i'll have a moment to reflect on life a bit. I think it sort of hit me yesterday and i'm trying not to overwhelm myself... although i think that's too late.

Cheers for the luck and i'll be sure to post pics up as soon as i get there.

*hugs*