Sunday, November 22, 2009

If You Don't Succeed, Try, Try again.

There's a little walkway down the road that takes us through some field. I'm not sure what they're growing there, i can only assume the plot belongs to the Gardening centre up the road or some farmer that has too much land. So J being the curious one wanted to go for a walk and see where the path led to.


We soon found out it connected to a cemetery - not somewhere i'd like to be at when it's pitch black. The combination of an overactive mind, glowing red candles and the rustling of the leaves makes me think all sorts of ridiculous scenarios.

I'll let you know, i'm not a fan of graveyards. I could even say i'm even petrified of them.

Anyway, the weather has been amazing the last few days and the passing warm front has forced the temperatures up to 17˙C. Sunshine and perfect blue skies are always appreciated. I don't remember last year to be this warm though. Isn't Winter supposed to be just around the corner? This time last year i was in Düsseldorf and there was that huge snow storm. I wonder if there'll be snow this year?

So on Friday i decided to take advantage of the weather and took my bumble bee bicycle out for a spin. I need all the practice i can get, especially if i have to ride to school one day. Although i wish i could take the bus daily, my bank balance tells me otherwise.

I decided to ride around my area in circles, hoping the longer i was on it, the more confident i'd feel. And everything was going well until i made the stupid mistake of trying to ride up the sidewalk from the road. Clearly there was enough space for me and an oncoming car but i don't know what possessed me to be all fancy and not choose the safer choice by riding on the very flat, dry road.

And let's just say, the stupid sidewalk snuck up on me. Sneaky lil' bastard!

As the car slowed down beside me, i looked up and the dude smiled. I'm not sure whether he was laughing at me or was simply smiling cause he thought my out-of-the-blue accident was entertaining. And in return i gave the guy a half-arsed smile and hoped that none of my neighbors saw me.

But here are my bruised knees to prove it... Aua!


As you can see i bruise really easily, so it's no surprise that they're turning a darker shade of purple by the hour.

Then when J came home i told him my story but he insisted we go back out and practice out in the street again. Yes when it was dark! It was still early but the sun sets around 5pm now, so you could imagine my hesitation.

Don't worry nothing happened. There was no drama.

I stayed clear of the gutters and made sure i walked across the pedestrian crossing with my bike. We figured we'd celebrate my achievement of stepping out of my comfort zone by going to the pub for a beer and pizza. Yes, i know "drinking & driving/riding" isn't wise but i made sure the beer settled before i jumped back on the bike. And all i have to say after that was it sure calmed my nerves.

But i do wonder, how long does it take until your arse and crotch gets used to the seat? Seriously. My knees aren't the only thing that's bruised.

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

lol @ arse & crotch. i think maybe its about shifting weights in between? i don't know just a thought, just like how footballers shift weights between their heels and knees (or so i've been told Once)

winkris said...

Ahhh yes... the fancy magic shifting of the weight trick, yes i've heard of that too!

>.<

I'll keep that in mind next time i have the urge to not think twice about my own comfort. Thaaaaanks!

Maybe it's like a pair of shoes, you gotta break 'em in before it starts getting comfy, the bicycle seat i mean... LOL.