Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rollin'... rollin'... rollin'...


The cool grey coloured blanket for a sky is back. It looks so depressing.

It's been spitting pretty much since yesterday and the temperature hovers around 6˙C. Yesterday i spent most of my day indoors keeping myself busy doing all the housewifey type things that one does to keep things in order like the laundry, ironing J's work shirts/trousers, doing the dishes, making the bed, sewing back on missing buttons, so on and so forth.

I pretty much live a life of a housewife minus the kids.

I'm not complaining. For those of you who've stuck by me and followed me through the past years, isn't it funny how things have turned out?

Anyway, yesterday J finished work early, so i accompanied him to the train station to purchase a ticket to Hamburg. There's a big meeting with the other managers, one that he has to be present for. Originally he was going to drive but with the shit weather and endless number of traffic jams/accidents, he figured he'd save himself the extra stress. So 2 and a half hours of sitting on the train catching up on paperwork, ain't all that bad.

Plus he's been pretty much driving non-stop. He just got back from Hannover on Sunday.

And no he didn't end up taking photos of the ungrateful person's apartment. He said there was no time. But apparently, she was OK with everything. And her only comment about the curtains were, "those aren't mine!"

But it's done. The keys have been handed over and now we just wait.

As for J's health, well those weird bruise-like bumps that appeared on his legs last month are now completely gone - we're still not sure what caused them. And i can't help but think back to this time last year when he was admitted into hospital. I remember how scared and worried i was for him. I count my lucky stars that he hasn't had any more serious pains and didn't end up having to get that operation.

A year later, we're in a whole new environment. A new chapter unfolds, one that i could have never predicted.

I would say i've adjusted to the new routine of waking up at 6am and making sure J's out the door so he can make it to work by 7am. After which, i'm back to my household chores and multi-tasking.

I am happy to say, i have successfully trained myself to not sneak back into bed.

And in less than 2 weeks i'll be back to my German classes again.

I am still a mixed bag of emotions although i am determined to get my arse into gear and in turn hope to one day earn money again.

I'm hoping my teacher is super friendly and isn't hardcore i'll-beat-you-with-a-ruler-if-you-don't-get-this-right strict. So many questions. So many concerns but i know it just has to be done.

I'm even looking forward to meeting new people, perhaps even call them friends one day. Hell, i may even get to have a taste of what it's like to have friends a social life again.

2 comments:

Duke said...

I like reading about your life. Thanks for not stopping your blog. Hope we can all party once again in the future-
:)
Try to stay warm!

winkris said...

Cheers buddy! It's really nice to know i've got a friend out there who's still wondering how i'm doing and what i'm up to after all this time.

I guess you're partly responsible for my blog comeback. Gotta please my reader/s, eh? =)

And yea, i do hope we all can get together one day like old times.

Hope all's well with you, your woman & baby Tyler.