Monday, November 30, 2009

Where did November go?

Time keeps passing me by. Is it just me or has 2009 felt like one big blur? With every new month that begins i can't help but wonder what happened to the last. And here i go again wondering, what the hell happened to November?

Now my mornings until 1pm are occupied with German classes and when i get home i'm usually going through my list of household chores. Before i know it i'm already preparing dinner and simultaneously trying to do my homework just so i can at least spend some time with J before we head to bed which is around 10pm.

J's been really busy with work lately. So we haven't really spent so much time together. Whatever free time he does have he's either catching up on lost sleep or playing a few games on his computer. Which explains why my facebook wall has been recently flooded with an indecent amount of Zynga game applications.

I will admit, i crossed the border into LameVille the minute i added FishVille. But gawddamnit i can't resist checking up on them and hell yeah for not having to touch dead fish with my bare hands! Online games are so practical sometimes.


But the past weekend was a lazy one. One that kept us indoors and taking several naps at various times during the day. J prepared a yummy Sunday brunch which so happened to be the first weekend of Advent. Not that we're religious or anything, it was just coincidental. I do know there's three weekends to go till Christmas.

We also bought Little L an Advent Calendar. More specifically a Lego Advent Calendar. We wrapped it up and secured it with cling wrap and sent it in the post.


She's crazy over Lego, so i thought it would only make sense to get her something that she likes. Last year we got her a Lindt chocolate version and i remember every weekend that she came to visit she would always look forward to eating the 5 days she had missed from having not been at our place.

And of course, if you buy one child a present it's only fair that you buy the other child one too. So we got BabyA a little Playmobil boat that he can take with him next time he's in the tub.


Apparently BabyA is at the stage where he wants to run all over the shop. Which is crazy since it was only in June when we last saw them in Ireland and he had just learned to pull himself up.

Kids grow up so fast - as i'm sure every parent will agree.

Little L practically speaks English fluently. It still amazes me to think a year ago, her and i could barely communicate. With my limited German and her non-existent English vocabulary, our times together was ruled by watching cartoons and finger pointing.

So much has happened in the last 12 months, it's insane. One day i will sit down and recollect my thoughts.

...

But it is obvious that J misses Little L a lot.

And i can't help but feel sorry for J when he calls and Little L doesn't feel like talking. I guess she's too young to understand and fully comprehend the whole situation. But then again, she is only seven. Miraculously, it's all worked out for the better.

Proof that no family is "perfect" and everyone has their imperfections. One just has to make the most of what they've got and appreciate what they have.

Uh-oh i'm rambling. I can hear my bed calling...

2 comments:

´´Saray´´ said...

Me again! :) I just saw on your profile you´re keen on Pescetarianism.
A friend of mine from Hannover once told me in Germany one can be a vegetarian who eats fish (something not commonly accepted in other countries).
I have tried becoming a vegetarian about three times but ehm...my love of sushi and all things fish always makes me give up.
Is a pescetarian someone who eats veggies and also fish? That is something I could certainly try :)
It´s SO difficult to have a meat-free diet in my home country :( but I´m succeeding in avoiding all the meaty dishes which I dislike.
Love reading about others who do not eat meat, yay! good on you girl.

winkris said...

Well some Vegetarians will argue that people who eat fish/shellfish and call themselves "Vegetarians" are not in fact "true" Vegetarians.

Wikipedia defines: "Pescetarianism, also called pesco-vegetarianism, is the practice of a diet that includes seafood and excludes mammals and birds. In addition to fish or shellfish, a pescetarian diet typically includes some or all of vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains, beans, eggs, and dairy."

And that is what i follow, not for health or religious reasons but because i had watched some program describing in detail what happens to an animal when it is slaughtered. A chemical reaction happens and that is known as Putrefaction. So that decomposing factor totally put me off meat instantly.

Although before that i was a huge meat eater and wasn't even keen on veggies that much.

When i first started i was strictly Vegetarian, to the point where i'd monitor each ingredient and refused to eat soups that had an animal stock base.

6 months later i lacked a lot of nutrients and that caused my muscles to ache constantly and i lost a lot of weight. Which is when i started eating seafood occasionally and that helped.

I find it's not so much of a shock to your system if you slowly reduce your meat intake over a period of time rather than quit it completely at one go.

But like yourself, i love sushi too, so being a Pescaterian was the next best thing.

I would have thought Spain is big on seafood? Just thinking of fresh, lightly crumbed Calamari is making me hungry.

6 years later i still haven't eaten any meat and when i smell a roast or a steak, something triggers in my brain and i know exactly how it tastes. But how i look at it now, it's a "Mind Over Matter" kind of deal, see how long more i can do this no-eating-meat marathon.

Good luck with your Pescaterian adventure!