Saturday, November 14, 2009

Midnight Road Trip.

J called me yesterday afternoon to inform me he would be done with work around 7pm and thought it would be a good idea that we go out for drinks. I think his exact words were, "Tequila shots helps to cure a cold right? After all it is the weekend.

And for a change i decided to dress up a little. Hang on, let me elaborate... Not too long ago, J took me shopping - not because i asked but he thought it was necessary. For quite awhile now he's been hinting that i should really consider dressing up more like a "woman". Apparently i blend in very well with the local teens. Fashion conscious i am not. I practically live in baby-Ts and jeans.

I have to admit my daily outfit is anything but inspiring or creative.

Every time J and i pass a shoe store that sells FM boots or pumps, he tries to steer me towards the door in hope that i'll try on something. I honestly think he has a fetish for heels.

Yes i know you must be thinking i must be crazy that i didn't jump at the chance but i had my reasons.


Eventually i caved and like my own personal shopper J was more than happy to help me pick out ones that suited me. He ends up buying me two pairs of boots; FM boots minus the stiletto and casual brown ankle boots. And before i know it, i'm out the door with a new pair of boots on.


We get home and like a sign from the fashion gods, my beloved bootlegged jeans that i bought circa 2001 at Dangerfield in Melbourne died-ed! I still remember the painful ripping sound it made as i lifted my leg up on the over-sized step that our washing machine sits on.

It was a very sad moment for me.

So the next day J takes me out shopping... again.

Yes i know, you're probably thinking i should be thrilled. But the thought of speed-racing around town before shops close and trying on one too many pairs isn't my idea of fun. And the oh-so popular skinny jeans are a total no-go for me. I'm more than certain my proportions are a little off in that department. Skinny-anything tend to transform my legs into chicken drumsticks.

But just as the 2nd store is closing and i've tried on the dozenth pair, i hit gold!

Then J finds a knitted grey dress-like top and suggests i try it on so i can see what the jeans look like with something other than a baby-T. And it's only until we get home do i notice he's also purchased the grey top too. Isn't he lovely?

But i haven't found occasion or reason to wear the top. Personally, i didn't want the supermarket to be the first place i show it off.

Which brings me back to last night and this what i wore...


I paired it up with some black tights, a 3/4 sleeve black top and a black decorative hairband. I also managed to find my collection of accessories and found a suitable necklace i bought 2 plus years ago at a store i've already forgotten the name of but i do know it was in Bangsar, KL.


By the time J got back from work it was just past 9pm and i could feel myself getting sleepier by the minute. Proof that the daily 6am wake ups has made me less of a night owl. Again, please excuse my fringe for its unruly behavior.



But if it weren't for J's determination to make the most of our Friday, i'm sure i'd be passed out until morning.

Although i'm not sure at what point the plan changed from let's have a few drinks to let's go to a club and go dancing! At which time, i had found a blanket and buried myself under it, hoping that my actions were speaking louder than words.

I guess it wasn't that loud after all.

Looking for a decent club that played Tech-House or even Minimal proved to be more difficult than we expected. Those clubs we did find were unfortunately not in our area. And those we fancied were a bit too far away. At that point i started missing Saturday nights at Rheingold in Düsseldorf.

After much dilly-dallying it was already past midnight. So we jumped in the car and ended up driving the 1 hour and 15 minutes to Düsseldorf to see some friends.

...


And as spontaneous as our midnight road trip, on our way back home we decide to make a pit stop in Osnabrück [an hour and a half away] to check out Boris Dlugosch play.

Speaking of Osnabrück, did you know last month authorities found another random WWII bomb that hadn't exploded. Scary shit right!? They ended up having to evacuate 10,0000 people so they could defuse it: read the article here. And in January 2009 they detonated two and defused two others! Check out the article and the crazy hole it left here.


Anywaaaay, i've always been impressed by the massive bottle-for-a-key-chain found at petrol stations. Its ridiculous size is used as a means to prevent customers from running off with the key. I think at this point i was actually gagging because the smell in the Mens loo was beyond words.


I later notice we've parked beside a brick building with a fake stairwell painted on its exterior. How trippy!

Finally we get to the club at 6:15am and the bouncer tells us that he's not letting anybody else in. Apparently, the club was going to close at 7am. I guess we had no other choice but to buy a 6-pack and head home.

So we didn't end up dancing and neither did we get to check out a new club. In fact, we totally forgot about Tequila shots.


But i did find an example of a cheap alternative to branding ones' identity: stencil one's logo on a wooden fence with spray paint. By the way Strandwerk in English translates to Beach Factory hence the palm tree.

2 comments:

ditsylalynna said...

well done with the new style.... very much you in a different way! *hugs*

winkris said...

Heya Lynna! Thanks.

As for the new style, well i think it's more of a one off situation. Can't seem to break free from the hoodies & baby-Ts.

But we'll see. ;)