Monday, November 02, 2009

Like Autumn Colours.

I originally wanted to add a bit of colour to the pre-existing masthead, maybe even do up a new one but i couldn't think of a new design. And as i was writing out my "Things To Do" list this morning, somehow i got distracted. What started off as 'i'm-only-just-browsing', ended up 4 hours later me actually changing it all.

So i did what everyone else does when wanting a blog face-lift and googled 'blogspot templates'. And after looking at dozens of sites and hundreds of templates, i finally chose this one. The colours remind me of Autumn. I like watching those beautiful golden auburn leaves dance in the wind just before they hit the ground.

Anyway, please bear with me, as this is still a work in progress and i'm still sorting out my links.

I also tweaked the coding because some areas were a bit wonky and misaligned. I honestly have no idea when it comes to javascript or html coding, so don't ask me any questions. It was pretty much a 'trial and error' kinda deal.

But i do have some issues still...
  1. Just below the header are some rollovers: HOME, POST RSS, COMMENTS RSS, EDIT. How does one remove the tab 'EDIT'? It doesn't really link to anywhere since i'm guessing this template was originally made for Wordpress and when they translated it into blogger, there was some glitch somewhere.

  2. How does one remove the READ MORE and that fat pencil at the end of each post? Because from what i see, each post is showing everything and there isn't anymore to read. I checked the HTML coding but i can't seem to find it.

  3. And when it comes to links in the main body copy, how does one make links bold or permanently underlined? It's currently only set so when there is a link it's only underlined when rolled over.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh yea and if you spot anything else wrong or find something not quite kosher, please share your thoughts or forever hold your peace.

4 comments:

Fallah said...

I have no idea how to change all those things however I must say I'm a bit confused with this layout....it seems.....cheerful almost! hahahahha

winkris said...

Fallah: lol @ your comment and how it seems... cheerful almost!

Yea i was thinking it was a bit of a leap from my previous looks. It's almost like it's seriously bursting with fruit flavor. It's like it's all up in yo face.

I think my eyes need time to adjust.

Fallah said...

it is filled with fruit flavour...i smell a hint of strawberries and kiwi! hahahahaha!! my eyes haven't adjusted! x

winkris said...

I know what ya mean. I think there was more than a "hint", i kinda overdosed on the fruit flavors!

What was i thinking? I'm making some changes...